Florence, KY

Posted March 13, 2013
I did my student teaching at Ockerman and it was the best school I had been able to teach at during my time in college. The teachers and staff all really care about the students and have great personalities. The principal is wonderful and very personable as well. The entire staff is always looking for ways to help students succeed and trying new ideas when needed. I would love to work there and would definitely send my kids there.

Posted June 18, 2012
I didn't know much about OES when my son started there in Kindergarten. He is going into 4th grade this year and I couldn't be more pleased with his progress. He is reading at a sophomore level, so he needs to be challenged in class. All of his teachers thus far have taken the time to make sure that happens. He gets sent out several times a week with a group of like minded students to do extended studies. In the past two years alone he has been part of the spelling bee, the chess program (and even got to speak at city council about it!)participated in the Cincinnati Dance Academy program at school and this summer was invited to a forensics camp where they will be focusing on fingerprint analysis, data collecting and all kinds of other cool stuff. Ockerman has gone above and beyond to ensure that my son has had a favorable experience there. He is difficult at times (has ADHD) but they have always approached him in a postive and encouraging way. I LOVE it. I am even putting off moving because I want him to finish off his last two years there!

Posted December 27, 2010
Ockerman has exceeded my expectations. This is my son's first year at Ockerman. He previously attended another school in the Boone Co. district last year. I was determined to see that he didn't attend this other other school again, given the other school's low test scores & unwillingness to cooperate with his learning disabilities (ADHD). After meeting with Ockerman's principal and other staff to review my son's 504 Plan, I was thoroughly impressed. His teacher is extremely well-organized & assures that my son enjoys coming to school every day. Last year my son was literally counting down the days before he could leave his old school. This year, he is thrilled that he will be able to stay at Ockerman since we have permanently relocated. Academically, the school seems much more advanced and offers better programs than that of his prior school. We love that Ockerman has incorporated internet-based programs to use at home & that his teacher uses her own website. My son never went on any field trips at his last school. At Ockerman, he has already been on 2! We had always wanted our son to attend this school since moving into the Boone Co. District several years ago.

Ockerman Elementary School 4

Posted March 24, 2010
I moved to Ockerman area in may 2009 and my son went to Florence Elementary school and that school is not good at all compared to Ockerman Elementary, I love Ockerman the best they are parent friendly and understanding and say hello when you pass them, my son is in 5th grade and he has ADHD and now they gave him a 504 plan to help him better in school and that will follow with him when he goes to Ockerman middle in the next year. My daughter is in preschool, She is doing all right there, but they cant seem to wipe my girl face after she eats she comes down the hall with food all over her mouth and when her nose runs she comes down the hall with it running and they say they run out of tissues have you thought of using something else.

Posted January 18, 2010
I have 2 children in Ockerman, both in their last year and they love it. The principal is awesome and goes beyond what is expected and you can tell that he truly cares about the children. All of their teachers have been great, there are so many planned activities, both educational and just for fun, that I feel keeps the kids interested and looking forward to going to school. The kids are motivated and excited about going. Keep up the great work and we'll definately miss Ockerman next year.

Posted May 18, 2009

Ockerman Elementary School 3

Posted February 23, 2009
Okerman is average at best. I have two childrer there, each in their second year and there is no comparison to their previous school. Teahcers seem to be concerned with everything other than the acedemic progress and the Principle will not take the time to discuss situations with the parents. Office Staff is exceptional, which they need to be since the Principle pushes so much of the parent interaction off to the Office Administrative Staff.

Ockerman Elementary School 4

Posted January 05, 2009

Posted May 19, 2008
I love Ockerman Elementary. I have a third grader and a kindergarten student. I have loved all of their teachers. The teachers are great at assessing needs of their students and also compassionate. The school is making great strides in improving reading and math . scores. Teachers implement new programs to meet the needs of their student. The school is very focused on getting parents involved. The principal is very approachable and makes it easy to discuss concerns or offer suggestions.

Ockerman Elementary School 0

Posted March 17, 2008
I love this school, it is the best school in Boone County. The staff is excellent, Whenever a problem arises it is taken care of right then. If your child struggling in a subject, their is help. Having family or financial

Ockerman Elementary School
8250 US 42, Florence, KY  41042
Last modified Ockerman Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ockerman Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top