Florence, KY

Posted May 29, 2014
I went to school here in the early and mid 80's. I was bullied, and a number of teachers contributed to it by making fun of me or giving me gooney looks in front of other students. Pretty unprofessional and quite pathetic that an adult that should know better would make fun of an insecure pre-teen kid. I originally listed names, but they deleted my review. Ironic that I'm censored but the teachers are protected and get away scot free with their actions.

Ockerman Middle School 4

Posted June 10, 2012
I am a student just coming out of OMS, and heading to high school. The staff is AMAZING. We also have excellent extra-curricular activities, especially our speech and drama. The teachers are excellent except for 1 or 2. The reason I give a four is because some of the other kids can be mean, and more often than not they get away with it. However, when they do catch it, they punish them harshly, which I think is good, since they deserve it.

Posted December 20, 2010
i am currently a student here and i attended ra jones last year and love this school wayyy better the kids here are just better behaved and it has a nice princable,(exuse my spelling) and there are hardly eny curs words compared to ra.

Posted November 29, 2010
I am an Ockerman student and I agree with everything that the bad comments have to say. The students use curse words on a daily basis and the teachers are just as bad if not worse. I've heard at least 20 different curse words each day since I've been at this school. They also have a raging bullying problem that the adminstration doesn't handle properly, if at all.

Posted November 05, 2010
The worse school I have ever seen in a decent area. The teachers are low lifes that tell the kids they dont care if they suceed or if they go outside to smoke. These teachers all have issues. They even tell the kids about family problems that they have, instead of teaching. They dont take the time to hear the kids out and they have lost my kids work many times. The leadership is just as poor! They really do NOT CARE!

Posted May 27, 2009
I have had children in this school for four years. The principal and teachers have been wonderful. No school is perfect, but my children are above average students who felt challenged and valued as people while at this school. We have been happy to be a part of this school.

Posted March 18, 2008

Posted January 22, 2008
Great wrestling team great at sports a place where your child can succeed.

Posted December 18, 2007
My child feels that this school spends too much time and money worshiping the sports people and not enough the academic people. My kid works her butt off with speech and drama and they don't get any attiton and they dont get reconzied. My kid also has friends in the band and they are made fun. The books in the library are old and out dated.

Ockerman Middle School 2

Posted March 06, 2007
Ockerman middle school use to be one of the top schools in the county. At this time I can't wait for my son to move on to the high school. I have found that the teachers seem to just not care. I wish the teachers would learn how to use STI the proper way and in a timely fashion it is hard to help your child if you are unable to see grades. I wish I could say that the last 3 years has been a good experience but I am unable to do so.

Ockerman Middle School
8300 US 42, Florence, KY  41042
Last modified Ockerman Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ockerman Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top