Hillard Collins Elementary School 2

Posted August 15, 2013
First off if you are going to write a review about how your child isn't getting a good education at this school the least you could do is spell things correctly. This school is not the greatest in my opinion but i really think it is because the school is in a neighborhood where there are a lot of lower income families. I do not think that many of these children have parents at home that understand that they have responsibilities to also teach their children things. I have noticed the biggest turn out for events is when there are free things to get. The line for free school supplies was a mile long with parents ignoring their children and talking on their iphones. In my opinion if you can afford a phone that costs as much as they do than you should be purchasing your child's supplies and not take from people who are really in need. I think if more parents actually tried to become more involved than these children would have a better learning experience. So if you want your children to succeed in life spend time with them and teach them. Stop making everyone else be responsible for your children.

Hillard Collins Elementary School 1

Posted August 09, 2013
I do not want to let others into this school. this is the worst place ever. if you had to pick a school beach groove is the best school ever! this school have no homework witch means your children will not be ready for middle school. and if your handicap FORGET ABOUT IT. YOU have to remind them about it.YOU have to take all the responsibility if the teacher forgets. YOU get yelled at. the principle is mean and strict . the teachers tell you to tell the truth....but.... EVERYTHING YOU SAY IS A LIE TO THEM.....EVERYTHING. they don't deserve the one star I gave them.

Posted October 02, 2011
Our children have attended or still continue to attend Collins Elementary, and we are extremly satisfied with the education that they have received. Regardless, of the situation, there will always be people who are unhappy about decisions being made. There are supporters and nay-sayers for everything in this world, but the bottom line is if you are an involved parent and keep a healthy line of communication with your child's teacher they will be very successful. Collins offer more programs, clubs, and events than any other elementary school in the district. I have been able to talk with my childrens teachers anytime I have asked, and they are always professional. When I have volunteered for events, I can see the time and "extras" that they all put in; which only makes me more proud that my children are apart of Collins. Every school in this district has its issues, but if you're only looking for the negatives, then that's all you will find. I am a proud supporter of Collins Elementary and its staff, and know that I shouldn't believe everything written or not written about them. My children and their success in all testing is all the proof I need to know Collins is a great school!

Hillard Collins Elementary School 5

Posted March 28, 2011
My daughter attends collins and is in the 1st grade. I love this school and all the extra activities they have for them after school. They always send letters home to the parents regaurding what is going on in the school and when volunteers are needed. My daughter has been on 4 field trips this year. I think getting them out of the classroom to have hands on experiences are GREAT! They do a wonderful job and make her feel special. The principal attends all of the after school activities and you see her i nthe morning and afternoon when the kids are getting on and off the buses. They work together to make collins a great school! Alot of the bad score collins has recived in my opnion has alot to do with how involved parents are with their children at home!! The teachers can only do so much in the short amount of time they have with our children, the parents need to be the ones to help with homework and know what they are being taught so it can be used in the everyday life when at home!

Hillard Collins Elementary School 2

Posted March 17, 2011
if I could do it over again, I would not buy a house in this school's area. if you are house-hunting, look to Union and Hebron instead. The school has finally passed its NCLB milestones, which is good. But there is an insular, clique-y atmosphere at this school that is impossible to penetrate. The teachers will tell you they LOVE working here, because they are all buds. The principal is socially awkward & off-putting. They all complain that parents won't get involved, but they don't create an environment that welcomes any parents but the 10 or so that they like. The PTA is a joke. With all of that, and that the kids are headed for RA Jones, and the overall outlook is not good.

Posted March 29, 2010
My daughter has been at Collins since Kindergarten she is in the 4th grade . The teachers have always been great to work with and understand my child's strengths and weakness. The office staff, teachers and priciple have always been approachable and easy to work with. They truly care about the students and the success of the school. For the past 4 years every teacher my daughter has had sends a monthly newsletter about the class and what their doing. The students have agenda books where they keep notes and comments so you can communicate with the teacher - I personally volunteered for fieldtrips and school programs and have never come across a time where the school smelled like sewer! Yes the restrooms are old BUT, the school is currently under remolding and this includes more space for class rooms and new restrooms - Collins is a GREAT School.

Hillard Collins Elementary School 3

Posted February 25, 2010
My daughter has been in this school for 3 years. She was very lucky and got a really good teacher for 3rd and 4th grade and got a decent core teacher and EXCELLENT teacher for math in 5th grade. The school has it issues. The principal is not approachable and some of the teachers do not act the way I think they should as teacher. Worse of all are the facilities. The school smells of sewer, there are not enough bathrooms, etc... I have called the board several times they don't respond. I think the responsibility has to fall on the Board of Education. They are more concerned about making the schools in the wealthy areas nice and not focusing on the schools that have low test scores.

Hillard Collins Elementary School 5

Posted October 29, 2009

Posted August 05, 2008

Hillard Collins Elementary School 1

Posted February 09, 2008

Hillard Collins Elementary School
9000 Spruce Dr, Florence, KY  41042
Last modified Hillard Collins Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hillard Collins Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews.