Florence, KY

St Paul School 1

Posted August 12, 2013
The principal and counselor at St. Paul are both subpar and the reason people pull their kids from the school. They refuse to address issues like bullying, foul language, etc. I know several parents who have left due to these issues. Tuition is too high @ $500 a month and Christian values are in short supply at St. Paul's.

St Paul School 0

Posted August 09, 2009
I have two sons and both attended St. Paul, the last one finishing there in 2008. They couldn't be more unlike each other, one had academics come easily to him but was not athletic, and the other has to work harder for his grades but athletics and the social aspect come easily for him. That being said, this school could not have been better for both of them. They were challenged by the teachers. The administration does an excellent job of making sure all students are accepted and not bullied, so that each can 'fit in', in their own way. And I can say that the curriculum is tough enough that both sons discovered they were way ahead of other students when they started high school. You could not do better for a choice of schools for your son or daughter - much better than Boone Co. public schools!

Posted May 21, 2009
Considering the high quality of local public schools many parents may struggle with the decision of whether or not to spend the money to send their children to a parochial school (We thought long and hard before making the decision). Now, three children and five years later we are so thrilled we made that decision! I have children of all different academic abilities and have been extremely pleased with the academic environment of the school. In addition, I cannot stress enough the benefit I have seen from children being taught in a catholic school environment. Morals, values, compassion, understanding - these are all things my children have learned. I also would like to give a glowing opinion of the administration. The principal is spectacular along with his office staff. He regularly greets every child by name and is always open to discuss any concerns with parents. Five star are not enough!!

Posted March 31, 2009
St. Paul Catholic School is by far one of the best schools our children have ever attended (we have dealt with a few public schools in different parts of the country). From the individual academic attention to the overall Christian approach, these kids are getting the best education available. They offer challenges to the student who exceeds age appropriate expectations and to the child who struggles, they offer alternative approaches and assistance. The teachers all seem to see each student for their own strengths and weaknesses and build upon them in ways that make the child realize his or her own potential. Ownership is key here. They students are all given the opportunity to learn responsibility for their actions and how they are an important part of the school and the world. St. Paul is a Catholic education with high academic expectations without the politics.

St Paul School 0

Posted August 14, 2008
Having raised 2 bright children through the local public schools, I felt that they got lost in the larger school system. St. Paul 's offers not just an excellent academic education but a sense of community & teaches children how daily moral & kind acts improves their lives & those around them. It reinforces what I teach at home. The fact is children just don't get this Christian education at public schools, (church & state) & a one hour class at PRE once a week doesn't really teach the whole picture. Been there done that. A definite 5 star rating in my book!

Posted February 04, 2008
I highly recomend this school. We thoroughly considered all options in schools, considering we are surrounded by high rated public schools. I am so glad we made the decision to send our children to Saint Paul. I have two children currently attending and am getting ready to enter my third child next year. What a wonderful environment with excellent academic standards. What more could I ask for - superior academics along with teaching a great sense of morals and values! Definite five stars!

St Paul School 3

Posted July 11, 2006
Our child attended this school for Kindergarten and we were not imporessed in the slightest. The general philosphy was to pull all kids to the middle rather than allow children able to soar to move on. Our child is now in a public school in the county and the comparison is absolutely night and day. We always thought private was the way to go, but in Boone County the public schools are far superior to the area private schools. If your child is average and your are determined to send he or she to Catholic school rather and have the hassle of Wednesday night PRE classes, then this is for you. If you want more for your child academically, then I'd explore public.

Posted March 12, 2006
- a former student
I am a graduate of this school, and I personally think that it is the greatest school that I could have gone to. Even today I am still really close friends with the people that I was friends with at the school. The teaching is outstanding and the school is a warm enviornment that ensures all parents that their kids will be well taught each and everyday. It is just an all around great school.

Posted January 09, 2005

Posted May 20, 2004
My daughter is finishing up her kindergarten year at St. Paul and we could not be happier. The faculty and staff are wonderful. My daughter loves going to school and will miss it this summer. The families at St. Paul are also wonderful. I love that my daughter is being taught everyday values as a part of her education.

St Paul School