No rating

Heritage Academy

Private | PK-12

Living in Florence

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $120,100. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $780.

Posted March 29, 2014

I am a former student of Heritage Academy and attended the secondary. While I enjoyed some extra-curricular lessons at the school, I did not enjoy school itself. While there were decent teachers in the school, there was a particular teacher that was terrible. He made a racial slur against a Hispanic boy in my class, did not even grade our papers, and gave us a very un prepared final exam. Also, as for the Christian atmosphere in the secondary, there is none. It seemed very little people in the secondary did not truly love God. If you are considering sending your child or attending, be prepared to know that the curriculum is poor, and for a Christian school, there needs to be some work. Also, I witnessed several cases of cliques and bullies, and was even bullied myself. I am not writing this section out of bitterness, I am writing it out of truth. I am also saddened to know that the teachers made almost no effort to help and assist the troubled children in the school, or the bullied and weak. The students did not help build each other up, they tore each other down. Being a Christian, you are supposed to help each other and support one another, not intentionally harm one another.

Posted November 30, 2011

My daughter started kindergarten this year and to say she loves it is an understatement! She is so excited to go to school! She has been in Christian preschool for the last 2 years and always had anxiety around going to school, not here, there is just something special about Heritage! The teachers are so loving! My daughter is learning about gods love as well as great academics! Couldn't ask for more! Thank you Heritage!

Posted November 14, 2011

My daughter started K this year at Heritage Academy. The small class rooms and great teachers were exactly what I was looking for in a school for her. Also Christ is always part of the lessons and weekly tests which is another important aspect of this school that I love. I will mention the School principle, He is a great administrator and he truley cares for each and every student. He is a great man doing a great job.

Posted May 25, 2011

LOVE, LOVE , LOVE THIS SCHOOL! We are very pleased to have our children at this school!

Posted November 27, 2009

I have had 3 children attend school there one graduated as valedictorian in 2006 the sam eyr her brother took hios own life and the school was very supportive of meand her and her younger sister who isnow a freshman at the school now the school isnt perfect but none of us are there are a few dislikes but the likes outweigh the dislikes my oldest was well prepared for college even without ap classes my youngest does well

Posted November 11, 2009

Our son attended another predominate christian school in NKY for 9 years, when we moved to Heritage. The change in his attitude was astounding! He now wants to go to school every single day. I have to believe that is because Heritage has made him feel that he is important and loved, not just another test score.

Posted September 15, 2009

Exciting things are happening at Heritage Academy this year! New teachers, new classes and new sports! I'm glad in this tough economic time that Heritage Academy has kept their overhead down so they can spend more quality time with their students and less time paying for the building and expenses!

Posted August 16, 2009

It's sad that the main focus of this school is a Christ-centered education and it seems that the most important things some parents are looking for is 'College-Prep' courses. This school deals in the 'Now' with its students and builds them not only educationally, but spiritually and morally. These are the students I would like to see spread the word and be prepared for the college world once they graduate from highschool. Don't they have enough stress already?

Posted October 18, 2008

This school is great!I have so many friends and I love it!My parents might be planning to keep me here until I graduate!!

Posted August 25, 2008

I went to Heritage last year and was sad to leave. I only did because i went out of states. it was a great school with very caring staff. they had great chapels and it was very nice. i only got to stay till December but i liked it very much.

Posted June 27, 2008

We moved here from Texas 10 years ago. We picked Heritage for our two daughters. The staff and especially the students are very loving . We were touched when we dropped off our kids and the other kids ran up and give them a big hug. This happens daily. We like the small school atmosphere where everybody knows everybody. Ours kids get to take part in any activity they like. At the big schools only the best get on the teams. They play volleyball, and softball. Our kids are good Christian and very respectful to us. Thank you Heritage!

Posted April 22, 2008

I cannot say enough positive about the school. My children have flourished here and I pray they will continue to do so until they graduate! The staff and the administration is caring and loving. The family atmosphere is amazing! My children get so much more than ABC's and 123's that will help them through life, more than soccer or band. I can get them these activities as we see necessary after school. What is offered at Heritage Academy each day you cannot find everywhere and cannot be replaced other than in my own home. We have been greatly blessed by the school and other families there! Why would I send my children anywhere else when they are so loved and cared for here?!

Posted April 10, 2008

First and foremost. my name is nick. i graduated in the class of 04. heritage academy for me was a second home. As a teen i was challenged spiritualy, academically and just plain moraly. i was surrounded by teachers who ispired me to be my best and not settle for lazyness. I had teachers come and go as i was a student but with that came the opportunity to meet new ones who were also not afraid to invest into me. The principle. wow. . . what a guy. honestly if there was one who i thought cared the most it was him. even in his silence or in his discipline there was an understood that he truly cared. I love my family dearly but we definately had rough times growing up. he cared with no strings attached.

Posted April 4, 2008

I have been with this school for three years and I have watched it go down. I am not the happiest at this moment with it. There are many things that i have heard and shall over the course of the years and we are actually pulling out for the 08-09 year--going public--praying that God will changet the hearts of the leaders of this school. It can be great but it just dont offer what is needed for children of this era--college prep courses--sports-

Posted March 10, 2008

For the amount of money you pay out in tuition, you would TRULY think that you would have more academics offered to students than there is. The school doesn't even offer a yearbook! Sad. The school has some good teachers, although there is a HUGE turnover in that area. The school could offer more sports, but I think a lot of it is laziness on the faculty. There are bullies, there are students that get away with cursing, etc etc, and the other cheek seems to be turned more often than not. I think Heritage Church is the best church you could ever attend, but I would not say the same for the school. I think they need to do some major changes. First off, with the principal. Allow the VICE-Principal to become the ACTUAL principal. He is def. more likeable & caring!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted October 1, 2007

This is the third school year that our 2 children have been at Heritage. The first year was wonderful. The second year we found some trouble with some bullies. Once again this year, the same bullies are even worse.

Posted September 25, 2007

Heritage Academy has been around since 1982, and it seems to me that it should now be of more quality than it actually is. The school is sadly lacking in extra-curricular activities for the kids as a result of the very small enrollment. There is no formal music program (band), no football or soccer programs, and virtually no baseball program. The only athletic program that is given much attention is the basketball program which is a perennial losing one at that. Academically, history has shown that only the most intellectual students thrive and get the attention there. Others seem to fall by the wayside and are passed on through the program until graduation. Heritage Academy could be a much better school, but for some reason over the years it has chosen not to be. Teacher turnover is though the roof here, presumably because of the lower salaries paid out.

Posted August 15, 2007

As parents, we were unimpressed with Heritage Academy. The principal was unresponsive to the needs of students. We were, however, pleased with the attention and care of the teachers. We deemed that the size of the school was acceptable for an elementary school, but believed that the smallness impeded social development and did not provide enough extracurricular activities for Middle School and High School students.

Posted March 2, 2007

Heritage Academy is a great school, I recommend it for any Christian child. im not a parent rather a sophomore in high school... I loved heritage and hope to go back my senior year. the students and teachers are great and they make you feel right at home! to me heritage is like a big family. the are very supportive and offer help to anyone who needs it, academic or personal. students there make lasting relationships with others and its just a great experience. heritage might not look like much on the outside, but you walk away with so much more than an education!!!

Posted June 13, 2006

My daughter went to heritage for kindergarten. After that i decided to send her to a public school since she had a good start. But that didn't work so well she didn't like it at all so after a month at the public school she returned to heritage. Both years she has had wonderful teachers mrs. Davis for kindergarten and miss wettig for 1st grade they were incredible teachers. And mr davis is a wonderful principle. Thank you heritage for everything we will be back and also thank you for the extra attention you give to all your students.

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 1%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACTS

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

7216 U.S. 42