Bad
Good

Rector A. Jones Middle School 1

Posted September 04, 2013
Poor communication between teachers and parents. The staff can pick and choose what they feel is acceptable dress code but gives poor explanation to when questioned by parents. The sports programs needs improvement. I feel the school should focus more on improving things like test scores, bullying issues, incentive programs for students. Overall its just a very negative experience!

Rector A. Jones Middle School 5

Posted June 26, 2013
I went to this school my 6th, 7th, & 8th grade year. I have always loved R.A Jones. In the years I have been there I notice that there are a select few teachers and students that do not put forth their one hundred percent effort. From 2010 to 2013 there was an increase every year in test scores, and a decrease in behavior problems. 99.9% of the teachers at the school go above and beyond to work with the students and make scantron tests, star tests, and class tests. There is little bullying involvement and everyone at the school no matter how much they say they hate it will realize that it was one of the best times of their lives and wad a huge milestone. Everyone is family at Rector A. Jones Middle and I highly recommend enrolling your child at that school. Class of 2013 <3

Rector A. Jones Middle School 1

Posted May 16, 2013
We regret our decision to send our kids here! Very happy to be moving on!

Posted March 17, 2011
this school's scores remain very low. test scores are not everything, but they are objective. I contacted the principal to express concern over the scores, and he basically blamed the "transient" students for tanking the scores. He said that if you carve those students out, the school's scores are great! What?! No more excuse-making. If you get transient students, then meet them where they are and help them get up to speed, implement aggressive interventions and whatever you can with the extra money you get from Title I funding. Stop blaming the kids.

Rector A. Jones Middle School 2

Posted November 15, 2010
I am not at all pleased with the structure of the curriculum or the attitudes of several of the teachers. They give children a school schedule and if they are doing a bit poorly in a subject, they take one of the classes away, such as gym, chorus, etc. In my days you attended the classes that were set forth from the beginning. Gym allowed you to participate in sports which I think is a very important class that helps promote spirit, teamwork and challenge.Chorus was also important as it teaches you about different culture and allows you to express your inner ambitions through music and song. Schools have gone down hill. Why children lose interest in learning, perhaps! There is no longer fun in learning. Children lose their pride of attending.

Rector A. Jones Middle School 3

Posted April 25, 2010
I have been going to RA my whole time in middle school. i know that we aint the smarts kids but Ra is an alsome school! We learn alot about school and life, but most importantlly we learn about friends. RA also no longer has a dress code!

Rector A. Jones Middle School 2

Posted June 05, 2009
I went to R.A. Jones for two years. The teachers are great but when it comes to taking care of the trobuling students, they just don't care. There is very little communication between parents and the school and the test scores are not the best out there.

Rector A. Jones Middle School 5

Posted August 04, 2008
I went to RA Jones my sixth, seventh, and eigth grade year and I loved every minute of it. Yes, they have a strict dress code but it makes everyone feel equal. You don't have to worry about who is wearing what and what this person is going to say about your shirt. I was on A and B honor roll all three years. Yes, there were a few fights but it happens every where. RA Jones made me feel safe and every one of my teachers helped to to reach my full potential. I was proud to be a Jet and still consider myself one. It's the best middle school out there.

Posted June 29, 2008
Our child moved from the Campbell County School system into the Boone County system at Jones. His grades improved drastically and he seemed to understand so much more than he did before.The teachers are friendly and attentive. Campbell County seemed to be very much ruled by the 'nose in the air' PTA /soccer oms who look down on you if you aren't rich and part of the 'in' crowd. Not the kids.I'm talking about the teachers and the faculty. Boone COunty is not at all like this. I'd highly recommend Boone County Schools (our other child just graduated from Ryle High School) and tell anyone that they are doing the right thing by bringing their child here.

Posted May 20, 2008
I am currently an outgoing eighth grade student at R.A. Our teachers go above and beyond, when it comes to attempting to getting students and parents involved. No one outside of our school understands what really goes on inside the classroom. There may be some very innapropriate situations. However, the students are still learning. The teachers can only try so hard. The students AND the parents have to collaborate with them. There are many opportunities at R.A. But, the people outside of our school, give it no chance, until they are forced into a new learning enviromentm due to redistricting, moving, or simply entering middle school. I have enjoyed all three years at R.A., and believe it or not I feel over prepared for highschool. R.A. is not perfect. But with the help of the parents and the cooperation of the students R.A. could be one of the best. =D

Rector A. Jones Middle School
8000 Spruce Dr, Florence, KY  41042
Last modified Rector A. Jones Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rector A. Jones Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top