Bad
Good

We learn a lot of thing in some many ways and we get KonaIce every month

Poor communication between teachers and parents. The staff can pick and choose what they feel is acceptable dress code but gives poor explanation to when questioned by parents. The sports programs needs improvement. I feel the school should focus more on improving things like test scores, bullying issues, incentive programs for students. Overall its just a very negative experience!

I went to this school my 6th, 7th, & 8th grade year. I have always loved R.A Jones. In the years I have been there I notice that there are a select few teachers and students that do not put forth their one hundred percent effort. From 2010 to 2013 there was an increase every year in test scores, and a decrease in behavior problems. 99.9% of the teachers at the school go above and beyond to work with the students and make scantron tests, star tests, and class tests. There is little bullying involvement and everyone at the school no matter how much they say they hate it will realize that it was one of the best times of their lives and wad a huge milestone. Everyone is family at Rector A. Jones Middle and I highly recommend enrolling your child at that school. Class of 2013 <3

We regret our decision to send our kids here! Very happy to be moving on!

this school's scores remain very low. test scores are not everything, but they are objective. I contacted the principal to express concern over the scores, and he basically blamed the "transient" students for tanking the scores. He said that if you carve those students out, the school's scores are great! What?! No more excuse-making. If you get transient students, then meet them where they are and help them get up to speed, implement aggressive interventions and whatever you can with the extra money you get from Title I funding. Stop blaming the kids.

I am not at all pleased with the structure of the curriculum or the attitudes of several of the teachers. They give children a school schedule and if they are doing a bit poorly in a subject, they take one of the classes away, such as gym, chorus, etc. In my days you attended the classes that were set forth from the beginning. Gym allowed you to participate in sports which I think is a very important class that helps promote spirit, teamwork and challenge.Chorus was also important as it teaches you about different culture and allows you to express your inner ambitions through music and song. Schools have gone down hill. Why children lose interest in learning, perhaps! There is no longer fun in learning. Children lose their pride of attending.

I have been going to RA my whole time in middle school. i know that we aint the smarts kids but Ra is an alsome school! We learn alot about school and life, but most importantlly we learn about friends. RA also no longer has a dress code!

I went to R.A. Jones for two years. The teachers are great but when it comes to taking care of the trobuling students, they just don't care. There is very little communication between parents and the school and the test scores are not the best out there.

I went to RA Jones my sixth, seventh, and eigth grade year and I loved every minute of it. Yes, they have a strict dress code but it makes everyone feel equal. You don't have to worry about who is wearing what and what this person is going to say about your shirt. I was on A and B honor roll all three years. Yes, there were a few fights but it happens every where. RA Jones made me feel safe and every one of my teachers helped to to reach my full potential. I was proud to be a Jet and still consider myself one. It's the best middle school out there.

Our child moved from the Campbell County School system into the Boone County system at Jones. His grades improved drastically and he seemed to understand so much more than he did before.The teachers are friendly and attentive. Campbell County seemed to be very much ruled by the 'nose in the air' PTA /soccer oms who look down on you if you aren't rich and part of the 'in' crowd. Not the kids.I'm talking about the teachers and the faculty. Boone COunty is not at all like this. I'd highly recommend Boone County Schools (our other child just graduated from Ryle High School) and tell anyone that they are doing the right thing by bringing their child here.

Last modified Rector A. Jones Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.