Florence, KY
Students enrolled: 1,367

Boone County High School 3

Posted August 14, 2014
This is my first year at this school (2014) and I like the teachers but I find the school to be really nasty

Posted April 23, 2014
Its not even worth a star this school is the most disgusting and pathetic excuse for a school I have not learned anything I check my seat before I sit down just to make sure there's not a freaking bug in it everyone you ask will agree that this school is never clean not once have I seen a janitor cleaning and I've been here 2 years. If you get stuck having to go to Boone you're doomed its a dead end school that's why I'm getting out while I still have a chance to have a future.

Posted April 02, 2014
Our family has always had "HUGE" team spirit for the Rebels. I graduated in the 80's from BCHS. My oldest son graduated in 2012. Currently our middle child is attending Boone. All of the staff and teachers have been exceptional to say the least, with very good communication by calling/email/meetings....etc. Boone County always offer several different programs to help/serve students as well as parents. Our motto is to know that we are not special, that we must work to make ourselves special and always reach for the stars......as we do!! Thank you to ALL at Boone County, we love you very much!!

Boone County High School 2

Posted March 07, 2014
There is a serious problem at this school with anti-Muslim prejudice and discrimination. Some teachers and administrators are nice, but some are very discriminatory. This is unacceptable as there is a new demographic in the Northern Kentucky area and there are many recent Muslim immigrants as well as the children of converted Muslims. They deserve the same consideration as the middle class white students. 30 years ago there was a problem with teacher-admin discrimination against black students. Does the fact that some of the Muslim students are black have anything to do with the problem?

Posted April 03, 2013
Boone County high school is only focused on punishment and sports, its dirty and the teachers do not teach anything. No extra credit opportunities are giving to those who need it/ deserve it. and I have yet to meet a staff member who is not abusing their authority. Also the failure rate is increasingly going up. Freshman Academy is not what it is made out to be. Yes if you work you can manage a good grade, but we should not all be Busing our buts to barley pass with a D- if you attend the schookl more that 3/4ths of the students agree.

Posted September 14, 2012
Boone county high school is one of the best. The staff is very concerned with my sons progress and I have never had any issues with getting in contact with any member of the staff be it a teacher, counselor or principal. My son is currently in the 11th grade and we are very involved with his education and meet twice a year to make sure he is on track to graduate and meet his goals. I have never been made to felt uncomfortable or treated badly because of my involvement.

Posted January 11, 2012
BCHS is an amazing school. BCHS has so much to offer as long as the student is willing to put fourth the effort to actually try. I took many advanced courses my senior year that helped me greatly in college I've met numerous people who didn't have half the opportunities that BCHS provided (course wise) provided for me. The teachers are great and willing to help- need to get to know them. My only complaint has always been the student body acting immature, making it difficult to enjoy class. I find a few of the rules such as being in the hall 1 second after the bell resulting in a penalty as being a bit meticulous. Either way, it is a good school-make the best of your education and you'll go far.

Posted August 04, 2011
Boone County is a terrible school. There are only a few select teachers that will teach and make the students strive to become something greater. Most of the teachers that have tenure fell as if they no longer are required to do work, they are more like ornaments. The school is dirty, and has problems with pest including cockroaches and mice. At one point we played a game to see when the cockroach in a classroom would die. The school focuses most of it's money into sports, when much of that money should be spent on adding classrooms. the administration has no control,

Boone County High School 4

Posted September 17, 2010
As new transplants, I am happy my daughter has integrated fully and is enjoying BCHS; her teachers especially! HOWEVER-I am very disappointed in one member of the guidance staff who unfortunately is assigned to my daughter's grade level. During the summer, I made every effort to ensure there were no glitches with enrollment. I was told the Counselor would call to schedule an enrollment meeting. The guidance counselor never returned my calls and ignored my husband when he went to the school ( too busy ). It wasn t until I contacted the Principal the afternoon before school started that anything was done-then she told the principal she had left me a message! My daughter did not get to start on the first day-because after finally getting her enrolled-the counselor took a lunch break and sent someone else to tell us she could not find a student to take her to her classes. This counselor seemed uncaring, disinterested, and appeared to resent my persistence. I did not tell her that I am certified Guidance Counselor.

Posted November 26, 2009

Boone County High School
7056 Burlington Pk, Florence, KY  41042
Last modified Boone County High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Boone County High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top