Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted April 18, 2016
This school is disgusting, the teachers are almost all terrible, the lunch food is horrid, and this is the filthiest institution I've ever been in.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 26, 2015
Ms. Sutton is an excellent teacher and leader. Also Mrs. Barnhill is wonderful as well.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted November 26, 2015
I have had three kids in Boone County Schools, one of which attends Boone County High and one who graduated from there. Both of my high schoolers greatly dislike BCHS. There are a few good teachers there, especially the AP history teacher Ms. Sutton is particularly excellent. She single handedly made my son love history. Also the choir director is fantastic. Unfortunately, other teachers and staff seem to only be there for a paycheck. They don't seem to care whether the work is done or not and are certainly not invested in there students future. Sports regularly takes precedence over academics. There is little to no school pride for academic excellence, instead focusing mostly on athletics. This pertains to social media coverage as well. Their forensics team made it to state last year I believe but there was no school pride shown towards it. Also, the choir did excellent as well but no mention of it, but I seem to get a tweet every time the volleyball team wins. The school is dirty. I regularly hear of mice and roaches from my kids. A good portion of the lockers are messed up and no longer function. They are also too small for my kids to wear a winter coat. They have to be put in a locker as wearing coats in school is not allowed for security reasons. This is especially problematic when some of the classrooms require a walk outside to get to. The school is also desperately in need of renovation, especially for the auditorium. The gym is fantastic, go figure. The rest of the school is in bad shape. It's especially apparent when BCHS is compared to Cooper or Ryle. Fights are a common occurrence and nothing seems to be done about it. A lot of behavior can be attributed to parent's teaching there kids to respect authority, but the school plays a part in this as well. Bullying also seems to be a problem at BCHS, and nothing is done about it. I know kids are going to be kids but some of the stories I've heard are ridiculous. BCHS is bad enough that we're seriously thinking about asking for a special pass to have our kids go to Cooper instead. I'm more than willing to drive them everyday if need be to be sure they get the education they deserve in a clean and safe environment, and we just don't feel that BCHS is capable of doing that.

Posted June 30, 2015
Honestly, I believe this schools may be one of the worst. Not because we have poor education (although there are a few teachers who need to work on their teaching abilities) But because of the treatment of certain groups of students. With groups such as sports players, I've noticed they are regarded highly but with other students, Such as kids who i guess you could called the people who don't fit into a specific group, are treated with such disrespect it's ridiculous. At this school there is little to no action when it comes to bullying. There are fights near everyday and virtually nothing is done. There are no programs or repercussions or anything, only punishments that are akin to a slap on the wrist. Quite frankly, I am sincerely glad i will be graduating this year. I am glad to leave this institution called a proper "school", which is indeed very much not a correct title.

Boone County High School 3

Posted August 14, 2014
This is my first year at this school (2014) and I like the teachers but I find the school to be really nasty

Posted April 23, 2014
Its not even worth a star this school is the most disgusting and pathetic excuse for a school I have not learned anything I check my seat before I sit down just to make sure there's not a freaking bug in it everyone you ask will agree that this school is never clean not once have I seen a janitor cleaning and I've been here 2 years. If you get stuck having to go to Boone you're doomed its a dead end school that's why I'm getting out while I still have a chance to have a future.

Boone County High School 5

Posted April 02, 2014
Our family has always had "HUGE" team spirit for the Rebels. I graduated in the 80's from BCHS. My oldest son graduated in 2012. Currently our middle child is attending Boone. All of the staff and teachers have been exceptional to say the least, with very good communication by calling/email/meetings....etc. Boone County always offer several different programs to help/serve students as well as parents. Our motto is to know that we are not special, that we must work to make ourselves special and always reach for the stars......as we do!! Thank you to ALL at Boone County, we love you very much!!

Boone County High School 2

Posted March 07, 2014
There is a serious problem at this school with anti-Muslim prejudice and discrimination. Some teachers and administrators are nice, but some are very discriminatory. This is unacceptable as there is a new demographic in the Northern Kentucky area and there are many recent Muslim immigrants as well as the children of converted Muslims. They deserve the same consideration as the middle class white students. 30 years ago there was a problem with teacher-admin discrimination against black students. Does the fact that some of the Muslim students are black have anything to do with the problem?

Posted April 03, 2013
Boone County high school is only focused on punishment and sports, its dirty and the teachers do not teach anything. No extra credit opportunities are giving to those who need it/ deserve it. and I have yet to meet a staff member who is not abusing their authority. Also the failure rate is increasingly going up. Freshman Academy is not what it is made out to be. Yes if you work you can manage a good grade, but we should not all be Busing our buts to barley pass with a D- if you attend the schookl more that 3/4ths of the students agree.

7056 Burlington Pk, Florence, KY  41042
Last modified Boone County High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.