Bad
Good

This is my daughter's third year (K-2) at Ruth Moyer elementary and she absolutely loves her school. The school promotes academic excellence while developing the children as respectful citizens (ie: Moyer Manners.) The hard work and dedication of the teachers/staff and parents of Ruth Moyer over the years has created a truly amazing learning environment for the kids. Our family members (whose children attend other schools) have even commented on the positive vibe they get when they have attended one of my daughter's school functions. Ruth Moyer also partners with the Campbell County YMCA to provide afterschool child-care for working parents. The Moyer/YMCA afterschool program is absolutely wonderful!

THE GOOD: LOTS of extracurricular activities. Amazing parent involvement. Lots of technologies beng used. Reading labs in the morning for parents that need to drop off early.THE BAD: The class sizes are so big, that I don't feel my child gets personal attention. Also, there is SO much acedemic pressure there isn't time for the students to be "kids" - having playtime after school, etc. Our evening routine: We come home, my daughter does her homework, then we eat, study (b/c she has tests almost every other day), and she goes to bed. Also, this school was a complete culture shock for us both -there is not much ethnic diversity at all. I've also been amazed at how disorganized things can be. Sometimes we only get a day or two notice before events, important school info doesn't always get sent home/distributed.

This is my child's 2nd year (2nd/3rd Grade) at this school and I love it!! The teachers are so involved and patient with the kids as if they are their own. They keep an open line of communication with the parents at all times which is wonderful. The principle isn't just "running the school" he is all about knowing the students and being very involved also. I don't plan to send my child to any other school until it's time for him to move on to the next level. I highly recommend this school.

the minute you walk in you know your child is going to have the most incredible time ever. through all seven years... and more to come I have never felt more confident to leave my children and know they are going to be learning valuable concepts that will last with them they're entire school career.the parent involvement is expansive and very rewarding. the day my first child walked though those doors she knew they're were plenty of extracurricular activities to choose from and she continues today to explore them all.and most importantly, the teachers are spectacular. and the quality of the academic programs has brought my little girl from a curious budding first grader to a sixth going on seventh grader with many academic accomplishments. over all, when choosing schools in fort Thomas, the only place I would even consider is Ruth Moyer Elementary School.

Last modified Moyer Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.