PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

I am a volunteer middle school athletic coach at Good Shepherd School. I accepted the position only because I knew the caliber of students I would be dealing with at GSS -- kids that were well-mannered and respectful and that have been taught how to listen and learn. One might call them "coachable." The bar is set high at GSS and typically the young men and women there do not disappoint. No amount of money could entice me to coach in the public school arena, but working with GSS kids is rewarding in and of itself. If education is a product, parents get what they pay for -- and more -- at Good Shepherd School

I am Prius to be an alum. I received a great foundation at GSS and am glad to continue to support the school still today. GSS is still a good place for kids to learn and grow and be cared for.

We have 2 children at Good Shepherd and cannot say enough good things about our experience. The teachers are wonderful and have many years of experience which helps them educate each child to their full potential. The curriculum is challenging. The students have many enrichment classes including Spanish, Music and Art. There is a strong sense of community among the parents. The students participate multiple service opportunities. The principal is a great leader who is very caring and involved with the students, parents and teachers. My husband and I definitely recommend GSS to all of our friends!

After transferring from a public school, with less than what we thought he should have learned by then, our son has been brought up to par with his peers. This was done through the dedication of his teachers and a lot of hard work on our sons part.

My school caters to the individual child, if your child needs more attention or work in a specific area Good Shepherd teachers are willing to help your child. On the other hand, if your child exceeds in a subject they will b challenged to push forward. In addition, their is a loving family atmosphere that cannot be denied. I am constantly amazed how well parents and teachers work together for the children.

Our kids have been at GSS since Pre-K 3 and Pre-K 4, so we have been part of the GSS family for 6 years. The teachers are great, especially Mrs. Palmer-Ball for 1st grade. The principal, Sharon Bresler, has directed the school very well and improved the school tremendously in her two years. From small things, like parent appreciation, student appreciation, and to bigger challenges as well, she has made a big difference. Parent involvement is second to none at this school - it is amazing what a great community and close group of parents have accomplished. Like someone else said, it's not your stereotypical private school. LOVE the uniforms - makes life so easy. Specials classes are wonderful, art, music, and Spanish since Pre-K! The new building and gym are wonderful and provide our children with all of the resources they need for learning. I am excited to see the teachers use and make lesson plans around the outdoor classroom. Improvement could be found in having more recess/outside time, better/healthier/local school food, and less homework. I have no major complaints about the school and feel we made the right choice for our family for these early years of education.

I believe GSS is a WONDERFUL private school for kids. I just LOVE how it is faith based and the smalled classrooms give teachers more one on one time with children who need this, Good Shepherd is the Best :)

GSS provides a quality education superior to public schools in our area in my opinion. The students receive excellent academic training. Additionally, there is a spirit of volunteerism among parents that enhances the services offered by the school. My child has excelled in this environment, after a few bad years in public schools. We are not catholic, but have appreciated the religious training he receives nonetheless. I recently chaperoned a school trip and was very impressed with the quality of the character of the students and am thrilled my son is attending GSS.

GSS is has a small community feel with Christ at the center. Students participate in service to others and are active in a variety of extra-curricular activities. There are high expectations for academic success.

I have a 5th grader and a 2nd grader at GSS. Our teachers now, and to this point, have been wonderful. They are involved and hands-on with each and every student. Any concerns that I have had have been heard, and addressed. Also, the teachers have informed me of ways that I can help my children at home when they see a particular struggle for them at school. The principal is easily reachable as well. GSS is simply wonderful at keeping parents in the loop regarding both school activiites, and the progress of each particular student. The cirriculum is great too. My 5th grader had been at public school through 4th grade, and I cannot believe the difference between what he learned there, versus what he is learning at GSS. His teacher has been an intergral component in bringing him up to speed. I couldn't be more pleased in the education they are receiving. Also, the children are being taught everyday about moral and ethical behavior, and about following the rules, both in the classroom, and out in public with the various sports activities offered. Plus, the new school and gym facilities are fantastic. Good Shepherd is the best!

Last modified Good Shepherd School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8