Second Street School 1

Posted April 28, 2014
I have heard others in the community talk about how great this school is, but I have to disagree . My son has been going there for 2 years. Kids have bullied him almost daily, but the staff does nothing. They talk about being against bullying, but do nothing even when it is right in front of them. One of the teachers even told me that the group of bullies have been that way for years and they even bully her and it's hard to get them to stop now. The kids never have homework, even though my son is in 7th grade. The same teacher told me they don't want the kids to have homework to worry about when they might have to watch their younger siblings when they get home, might not have any dinner, and their parents might not be able to help them with their schoolwork. I understand some kids are from a disadvantaged background, but I don't think this is the best way to help.

Second Street School 3

Posted July 11, 2009

Second Street School 0

Posted June 27, 2007
This is the top level school in Frankfort. My grown children went to this school and now I have a first grader and a kindergardener. I'mm throughly impressed with the level of one on one and classroom teaching. I'm looking forward to many years of my children attending and benefiting from the top rating of this school

Second Street School 4

Posted May 25, 2007
When we moved to Frankfort everyone raved about other schools...and told us to steer clear of SSS due to socio-economic stereotypes. They couldn't have been more wrong. SSS is a terrific school with involved staff, lots of school events, and communication with parents. (I have email/cell #'s of my child's teachers, unheard of in other schools!) My daughter came to SSS with serious academic deficiencies. Thanks to the staff at SSS (and lots of hard work from her and myself) she has made amazing progress. My daughter now looks forward to going to school each day. :) Don't believe the rumors about SSS being sub-par or avoided. There is a waiting list of out of district students willing to pay tuition to get in. You can verify that through their central office like I did if you want to. SSS is a great school. I'd recommend it to any parent without hesitation.

Second Street School 5

Posted October 10, 2004

Second Street School
506 West 2nd St, Frankfort, KY  40601
Last modified Second Street School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Second Street School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top