Georgetown, KY

Eastern Elementary School 1

Posted November 03, 2012
We had a second grader with a teacher who could not properly correct papers, all subjects included. I had to REGRADE everything my child brought home, and show my child how to do everything she was supposed to be learning in school. NO SMART BOARDS. This school cant compete with ANY school. NO extra curricular activities sent home other than a 1000 dollar YMCA membership. And DON'T make the teacher mad, she will exclude you from class parties and parent days completely ignoring your emails. If you want to talk to the principal, he will cross his arms, lean back in his chair, and stick up for her, saying he "believes" she did everything she could. Is your child feeling distracted by noise in the classroom?? Tell this second grade teacher, and she will ask how can you expect her to control 22 children at the same time.SERIOUSLY. Then she will SINGLE out YOUR child and make her move her desk from the class, instead of simply controlling HER classroom. Because when 21 children are having fun, why does just ONE have the right to an education? This school was a major disappointment. We left the state becase of it. WISH I could post teachers name.

Eastern Elementary School 4

Posted July 01, 2012
I believe this school is great. Great teachers and principal. Some reviewers say the teachers have poor communication with parents. As a whole, that is not true. Individual teachers may, but not the whole school. The only lacking aspect is extra-curricular activities. There are no spelling bees, science fairs or very many clubs/teams. They have the academic team, performing arts club, and percussion ensemble and that is it. I don't think it is the primary responsibility of the elementary school to challenge advanced/gifted students. There may be 1-2 children that fall into that category in the classroom. But, there are 25-26 more students in the class that are on track. The teacher has to spend the majority of her time on the required elements for that grade level. I would put it into the parent's hands to provide the student with additional learning opportunities outside the classroom. We need to remember that parents are teachers too. School should not be the only source of your children's learning.

Eastern Elementary School 1

Posted January 10, 2012
Being parents who are highly involved, know educational laws and rights, and have previously attended highly effective schools, we were beyond disappointed with the efficacy of Eastern Elementary. Specifically moving to this school based upon reviews and local recommendations (in spite of the building condition and lack of formal welcoming procedure), we soon found that they fail miserably with professional communication/ organization and with stimulating advanced students. When such issues were addressed (not to mention numerous other areas of unethical practices), the principal defended the mediocre efforts of school personnel at the expense of the children's benefit; in other words, there was no interest in improvement. Consequently, we withdrew.

Posted August 30, 2011
We moved from Lexington 21/2 years ago and I loved this school from the start. They remembered my daughter from the day we came to visit the school; we came from a school where the principal never knew my daugheter. I have one child that is a high acheiver and one that is not and they have done a great job with both.

Eastern Elementary School 2

Posted October 21, 2010
The school has a great atmosphere for the kids overall, but where they fail miserably is with children who are ahead. My boys have both really liked going to school there, but academically, the school and the principal have failed them both. Because they were both ahead, the teachers have simply set them to the side and not worked with them, so my boys never learned how to study or apply themselves academically and my oldest is struggling now that he is being challenged for the first time ever in middle school. The principal is a wonderful leader for the kids, but when it comes to being an advocate for the kids, he backs his teachers every time, regardless of how it effects the children. Advanced children need to learn how to learn as well, but the teachers do not know how to, or don't care to teach them.

Eastern Elementary School 4

Posted September 08, 2009
I agree with the comment on the condition of the building. I am unhappy with that aspect, but Eastern has proven that staff and parents make the difference!

Posted August 03, 2009
This school is wonderful for children. Children are placed first in all aspects. I rate it high on the list.

Eastern Elementary School 0

Posted July 24, 2009
I was NOT pleased with the staff of Eastern Elementary. Don t expect any of them to go out of their way to help your child, or for that matter to just do what teachers should do for their students. After moving we found it extremely difficult to get the staff to help the new school with records.

Posted May 07, 2009
I love the atmosphere at Eastern Elementary! This school puts children first and it shows. Way to go Eastern!

Eastern Elementary School 0

Posted March 28, 2009
This is our second year at Eastern and we are very happy with the school. My only concern is the age and condition of the building. It is a shame that we continue to pour money into sports, but allow the buildings our children must enter each day to be in such poor condition.

Eastern Elementary School
3407 Newtown Rd, Georgetown, KY  40324
Last modified Eastern Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eastern Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top