Scott County Middle School 1

Posted June 29, 2014
I am the parent of a special needs (6th grade)child that has high functioning Autism that was bullied at scms in a bathroom in the cafeteria by 3 eight grade boys . A lot of the children there thet are afraid to go to the bathrooms at all due to fighting . The school does not think this is a big deal , but I do. I worked in the same school system and have since , this indecent quit my job of 5 yrs. Which I loved , to homeshool my child. This was my worst nightmare come true ..I have also witnessed a fight waiting to have a parent teacher conference , had to go and get an adult. To put it all in a nutshell , the children seem to be unsupervised when not in class.

Posted July 01, 2013
needs more teachers and more room for kids to run the might mot even have gym so the need more time to run and play

Scott County Middle School 5

Posted October 23, 2010
Great School!!!!!! everything is wonderful. very good teachers. has challenging acedemic programs. very welcoming and kind staff

Scott County Middle School 5

Posted May 06, 2008
my daughter transferred from Royal Spring Middle to Scott County this school year and she loves it! The kids seem to be nicer, she likes all the teachers and I think the all around atmosphere makes her more comfortable

Scott County Middle School 0

Posted February 23, 2008
This is the first year we have had a child at SCMS. I have to say we have been so very pleased. I have no reservations about sending our next child to SCMS. The leadership at this school is top notch. With the addition of the next assistant principal, Mrs. McKee, she and Mrs. Sutton will make a dynamic duo! The care and attention given to the kids at this school makes you leave them at the door knowing they will come home with what you send them there for: knowledge and understanding. I am glad to chose SCMS.

Scott County Middle School 4

Posted March 19, 2006

Scott County Middle School 4

Posted December 08, 2005
I feel that Scott County Middle School does an excellent job of addressing the needs of the students in spite of the large numbers of students who are enrolled. Thankfully, the opening of the new middle school will alleviate the crowding problem and the school will continue to provide an excellent education in a less stressful situation. The new administration is apparently providing great leadership. The teachers have worked in conditions that most of the general public would not work in and if you ask them I am sure that they will tell you they are glad to had have Mrs. Sutton become their guiding force. I have had two children go through SCMS and I am very thankful for the caring teachers who treated them as individuals and who encouraged their emotional and intellectual growth. Instead of criticizing, parents should be asking what they can do to help.

Posted April 17, 2005
- a former student
I think that your school needs to pick up the academic scores.

Posted January 24, 2005
Having had one child at SCMS, we will be looking at alternatives for our other children. Overcrowding and lack of diligent leadership has left behavior in and outside of the classroom largely unchecked. This has caused low morale amongst many students. Academicly, I can only give SCMS an average rating. If your child is not self-motivated or is easily influenced, this school is probably not for them.

Scott County Middle School
1036 Cardinal Dr, Georgetown, KY  40324
Last modified Scott County Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Scott County Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top