Bad
Good

Southern Elementary School teachers have been exceptional and interested keeping informed is eseential for kids to succeed. The principal Mr. Blankenship is kind, concerned and compassionate with parents, guardians and family members watching out for our beloved kids. Both my nephews go there and I would recommend this school highly

Was not happy with staff ! . The principal never has time for us ! They say that they are a open school and want parrent there but, they don't . the staff is rude. Teacher want what is best for them not the kids.SAD

This school is hit or miss. We have had our children here for 5 school years. The quality of the school year has depended on the quality of the teacher. Do not expect the school to contact you, you must contact the school. The reading program I would rate average, the math program I would rate low....the math is very worksheet driven.

My son went there and they gave him a great experence. I love the Teachers there they are all great and very into learning..

Our oldest is in kindergarten and is taking spelling tests, writing practice sentences, and really enjoying school. The teachers are very hands-on and actually know who my child is. The math concepts don't seem to be as advanced as the reading and writing ones, but I am not familiar with KY state curriculum yet. Overall, we are very happy with the program at Southern.

We chose to open enroll our child to this school after many difficulties at another local school. The principal and teacher addressed and started assisting our child with his reading and speech difficulty by his 2nd day there. The staff has been wonderful. The teacher quality is excellent. The principal is very involved and knows every child by name. I will open enroll all of my child to attend this school. They have created a children first atmosphere and maintain it above all else. The staff goes above and beyond and has many FAMILY FRIENDLY activities to encourage the whole family to become involved. I am very proud to be apart of the southern family.

Last modified Southern Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.