Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Anne Mason Elementary School 3

Posted September 27, 2015
Does it concern anyone that they don't don't teach spelling in 4th and 5th grade. I've never experienced this in any other school. How do they expect them to learn this they said it stresses them out to much.

Posted May 17, 2013
Anne Mason is an absolutely wonderful school. The staff are very professional and friendly. I feel like my granddaughter had the absolute most perfect first teacher in kindergarten. She has learned so much that it is amazing. Ms. Prather and Ms. Carnell are wonderful with the kids. They watch them very closely and in this day and time that's needed. The school is very well maintained. It is always neat and clean. I was surprised that the school was ten years old. I'm glad my granddaughter got to go there. I hope she has as wonderful of a teacher as she did this year.

Posted August 01, 2011
My child attended first through fifth grade at AME and was very fortunate to have very caring, supportive teachers and a principal that always puts kids first. I was able to talk frequently with the principal and always left feeling as though my concerns were heard and would be dealt with. I can only hope that he continues to have the same kind of supportive people in his life as he did at AME.

Posted February 06, 2010
Anne Mason is a great school. I have a 2nd and 5th grader who attends. The teachers are very dedicated to their students. I am pleased with their performance as well as my kids. I would by far recommend this school to anyone.

Posted January 19, 2010
The teachers are dedicated to their students at AME. I wish I could say the same for the administration. The principal of a school is someone you should be able to trust. I hope that there are some changes in this area in the near future.

Posted September 17, 2009
awesome teachers and it's my neighborhood elementary

Posted September 04, 2009
We love AME. This school is the best thing that has happened to our whole family not just my child!

Posted March 27, 2009
My son attends Anne Mason Elem. This is his 3rd year there, he is now a 4th grader. I have nothing bad to say about the school and staff. The staff has always been super nice and always friendly.

Anne Mason Elementary School 3

Posted March 23, 2009
AME is a school is one of the best in the county. They are continually making improvements to their school to benefit the students. Two of my children have attended Anne Mason (one currently) and one will soon start Kindergarten. Most of the teachers have worked hard to meet the needs of my students. My gifted child was always encouraged to excel, however, my spec. edu. child was not always accomodated by each teacher. Overall, this is a great school, however, I am concerned that the county still does not have a full-day kindergarten program.

Posted February 15, 2009
So far so good. I've dealt with the issues another rater had, ie. my child moved twice after the school year started. im certainly not in to politics so I keep a safe distance from knowing the teachers personally. But academically I think the school has high goals for the children. One think I particularly like is the daily behavior report. The school has a color card system. Be good, stay on green - be bad and your card gets flipped and reported on the daily calendar sent home. i expect my child to behave well every day so its a great communication tool. Homework? I still hate it. Seems like 1-2 hrs/night for a 1st grader is a bit much. daily homework sheets plus 1-3 books to read per night. Its tough to get it all done sometimes. But I guess we have summers off. Overall -4 stars.

350 Champion Way, Georgetown, KY  40324
Last modified Anne Mason Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.