9-12 & Ungraded
Henderson, KY
Students enrolled: 1,980

Posted October 17, 2011
There are many fights, children act like 4 year olds and get upset when they are told to shut up so the teacher can teach, they show up drunik and many act high. Students smoke in the bathrooms and when they are caught they get a warning, this school is suppose to have a zero tolerance for tobacco. You get there a minute late due to rain and you have to wait 15 minutes for all the other people who were late to sign in, just let me go learn. In 4th block children are starved because they have last lunch. Some teacher stare at girls butts and some yell at there students when they dont understand, so they just yell instead of teaching us. Awful school, i am no were near informed for college!

Henderson County High School 2

Posted March 01, 2010
HCHS, in my opinion, is a terrible school. There are fights constantly, the pregnacy rate for the class of 2010 are through the roof, and in no way does this school help you prepare for college.

Henderson County High School 5

Posted November 29, 2009
County High has always been the best school I have attended although I left my jr. Year I wished that I had stayedthere and firthered my education bt thigs happen when you're a kid. Now I getthe chance to have my very own daughter attend ad so far she tells me each and everyday how much she loves being there and meeting a new erson each day. I have grown up in Hendo all my life now I get the chance to share my school experince at County Hih with my own daughter. To me that makes me proud to know she will always be looked after since its such a bigger school than when I attended bck in 1987, so she is getting the studies she needs and more. I wantto thank the adminstrative staff and all theteachers for all the hard work they do each day with a student!!!!!!

Posted September 21, 2009

Henderson County High School 4

Posted February 11, 2009
I attend hchs and agree that there probally are some minor problems but overall is a good social experience with caring teachers and many activities always going on to keep a kid busy. I just came from a private school and have found some of the curriculum more challenging there than at my old school taking honors classes

Henderson County High School 0

Posted January 28, 2009
I think County is a really good school for students to attend. The students learn, make good grades, and can also attend the Academy.

Henderson County High School 0

Posted November 10, 2008
Years ago this was an excellent shool. Today the school is entirely too focused on petty and minimal problems than education and large problems. I will be glad when my last child is out and we no longer have to attend this high school.

Henderson County High School 3

Posted April 10, 2008
Like most schools HCHS had good and bad points. I think that in this case, the educators (meaning administration) seem to forget that the children are also people who should be treated like human beings. During freshman orientation last year the initial speaker was extremely rude when addressing the audience. If he is rude when the parents are around what does he do when the parents are not around. There are teachers who threaten, intimidate and bully the students. This is not ver conducive to their learning.

Henderson County High School 4

Posted August 22, 2007

Posted March 14, 2007
- a former student
HCHS is a mediocre high school at best. The schools are about 2 years behind most other schools in terms of academics. After attending HCHS, your child will in no way be prepared for college. Like I stated allready, the academics are weak at HCHS.

Henderson County High School
2424 Zion Rd, Henderson, KY  42420
Last modified Henderson County High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Henderson County High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top