Henderson, KY
Before care: Yes

Posted September 23, 2013
This school is innovative and an exciting learning experience for kids. The teachers and staff love the kids and help them to dream big!!

Posted April 29, 2012
I have worked at South Heights for many years. I have witnessed the changes that we have made over the years. We have strived to educate the whole child. We stress academics, but we also develop relationships with the students based on respect. We have been taking all of our students on College tours for years. Our students have learned to work hard....acheive their goals......and then to celebrate their success! Now our school is helping to spread success to the neighborhood and beyond!

Posted April 28, 2012
South Heights is a child and family oreinted school. The people who work there give so much to help the children each day. Family and community involvement is strong and the scores for the school are out of sight. Mr. Carroll rocks!!

Posted April 13, 2012
South Heights Elementary is an amazing school. You don't find many schools that care so much for each and everyone of their students. The teachers and staff at South Heights do. They go above and beyond for each student. They make sure each student has the tools to succeed no matter what. College isn't a question of "will I go to college?" for our students it is "what college will I attend?". South Heights is changing the way the public looks at education and making there community apart of that change by involving the public of Henderson Kentucky in everything they do. What an amazing school with amazing staff and students!!

Posted April 13, 2012
South Heights is like no other school on earth. Each and every staff member is totally committed to ensuring that each child feels capable, enthusiastic about learning, and optimistic for his/her future. This is a place where no one says "I can't"; where problems become opportunities; where kids feel so connected that they return to visit for years afterwards. The South Heights staff recognized a few years ago that they could not change the challenges their students face outside of school (in a school community of 90% poverty) but they could change the culture inside the school to one of highest quality instruction and innovative programs. This school rocks! We are the 1199!

Posted April 12, 2012
South Heights is about making sure every child has what they need to succeed no matter what obstacle may lay in their path. Every child is treated with respect and dignity and more so, taught that they can do whatever they want no matter what others might think or say. Students leave South Heights believing in themselves in their dreams and receive a high quality education along the way. This is the model that other schools strive to be. As a parent and staff member at South Heights, I can say that without question this is the best school in the nation, not just Henderson County!

Posted April 12, 2012
Amazing....this is the first word that comes to mind when thinking about SHS. This is a place where dreams come true and children learn the importance of not only how to work hard, but also how to play hard and enjoy their triumphs. It is a place where team members bond together to lift up student s self-worth and knowledge levels through high expectations and loving attitudes. It is a place I am proud to be a team member of and a place I will be proud to send my own child to school. We Succeed...No Exceptions, No Excuses! Impossible is Nothing!

Posted April 11, 2012
South Heights is the place to be. It is the place to be for the students and the teachers. All students get respect that they need. Each student is pushed to reach their maximum potential in fun ways. Go, South Heights!

Posted April 11, 2012
South Heights goes above and beyond for every student that walks through the front doors. Dreams are created and fulfilled within it's walls. I am PROUD to call it my second home! I love working at South Heights. I drive 40 min. one way just to be able to be apart of such a wonderful establishment.

Posted April 11, 2012
This is a school that builds students up and expectations are high! The fun and excitement that radiates from the school and students is amazing! The parents and community are involved and held accountable! I can't wait until my children are BOTH at South Heights! The teachers and amazing principal absolutely love every student and knows them by name. The college vocabulary is embedded in every lesson. The college experience that the students recieve before they even go to middle school is not available at ANY other school. This school has a strong culture and is a world changing school! I am getting excited just writing about it! I love this school and what it represents...... it represents hope and how overcoming all odds is possible. Impossible means I'm possible.... its all in how you read the word. At South Heights all students are "possible"! I love this school! I wish I could rate it a 100 instead of a 5!

South Heights Elementary School
1199 Madison St, Henderson, KY  42420
Last modified South Heights Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
South Heights Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top