Posted May 10, 2012
I HAVE TWO SONS THAT ATTEND TO THE SCHOOL BOTH OF THE TEACHERS ARE GREAT THE 4TH GRADE TEACHER MRS.COATS SHE HAS DONE VERY WELL WITH MY SON JUST WOULD LIKE TO THANK HER FOR ALL THE HELP AND CARE AND THEN WE HAVE THE PRE K TEACHER MRS JAMIE MY SON REALLY LIKED HAVEING HER FOR A TEACHER TO ALL PARENTS PICK MRS.JAMIE "GREAT" WE HAVE TWINS GOING TO HER NEXT YEAR AND I AM VERY COMFARTABLE WITH THEM GOING ... THANKS TO BOTH OF YOU

South Christian Elementary School 3

Posted October 28, 2011
My daughters have attended this school for the past 2 years. They are now in 4th with Mrs. Hazelrigg and 5th with Mrs Hale. My 4th grader is doing exceptional with the normal misbehavior and Mrs Hazelrigg is a wonderful teacher. My 5th grader has Asperger's Syndrome and the teachers way of dealing with this is not to be much help and modifying her work so they can just push her through instead of helping her succeed and having good parent/teacher activity. My 5th grader already has disabilities with daily activity and it only makes it worse when they do not assist me in making sure her homework is coming home instead of using recess time to put her by herself to finish what should have come home in the first place. Mrs Giles the principle is nice but what was discussed at the beginning of the year to make sure my 5th grader is accomplishing something they are just pushing her aside so they don't have to deal with her and then putting more work on me as a parent when she comes home. They only care about making #1 school in the district and not worrying about the student that have learning disabilities only making sure they have as little as possible to do to make the grade.

Posted February 21, 2011
I have had a child in this school since 2006. It has been a wonderful place to learn. The teachers and staff are friendly. The school is always clean. The teachers are well educated and treat the children with respect and ask for it in return. My children have never had any problems here. The past few years South Christian has had the highest scores in the county for reading and math. Both teachers and students have worked hard to achieve that. I volunteer alot at the school for all grades. They love parent involvement. Anyone who can volunteer is greatly appreciated. There is always information going home to parents every week to keep them updated about what is happening in the classroom and teachers are always willing to talk to the parents if it is needed or wanted. You can call, e-mail, or make a time to see them in person. They have after school care until 6pm everyday if needed. And for 3rd-5th graders they can try out in the fall for the school jumprope team. South Christian has been a great school and I will be sad when we have to move on and up.

Posted November 03, 2009
S. Christian has always held high standards for the students. After many years of exceeding state and county standards, this year they blew the top off and got a 102% on the testing for 3rd,4th and 5th graders. The school is clean, bright and staff is friendly and helpful. I have had a child there since 2001 and have never had a problem with the school. I wish all the schools in the county were as good! It warms my heart when my kids come home every day and still love school!

South Christian Elementary School 1

Posted August 18, 2009

South Christian Elementary School 2

Posted March 30, 2009

Posted February 07, 2008
My son goes to this school and has adhd and hes doing great. His teacher is very good with him and that helps alot...I was worrid after reading some things on the net about this school but my sons first year has been going great..(btw he has severe adhd)

South Christian Elementary School 3

Posted June 13, 2005
This school is a good school for most children. Children that have ADHD have a harder time due to the lack of training for teachers in the area of dealing with children who have ADHD. They need to offer some kind of training for the teachers on that topic. My children have gone there for 5 years and have enjoyed it all except for my child who has Severe ADHD. She was pulled and is now Homeschooled. They also need to have bus monitors on the buses. My son had a knife pulled on him on the bus in 2004. Other than a few negatives this school has been great for my other children whom do not have ADHD

Posted October 28, 2004
This a great school! My son has been going to this school for 3 years now and he loves it. They have wonderful teachers here and they always have time for the parents. This school has a great principal, which makes sure everything is on task. This school is very supportive of military families, which is good. This school has an excellent counselor, whom helps the children whose parent(s) has been deployed adjust. It is very easy for the child to adapt in this school environment. Everyone in this school is very friendly, which includes the principal, teachers, students, cafeteria workers, and custodians. This school also has an after school care. Overall I think this is a wonderful school and I would want my child to go to this school over any other school in the Christian County District.

Posted October 27, 2004
My daughter went to this school for 5th grade in (2002-2003). While she was there I was very pleased w/ the teachers and the quality of education that she recieved.She graduated 5th grade on the Principal's list.

South Christian Elementary School
12340 Herndonoak Grove Rd, Herndon, KY  42236
Last modified South Christian Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
South Christian Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top