Bad
Good

My 2 grandsons go to your school 1 is in K.And the other in 2nd..The one who is in 2nd has learning disability's, and I am so glad you have noticed them..Since going to your school the end of last year and this year he has improved so much in reading and spelling..I love it when he say's Mimi can you help me practice my spelling words and help me read my book...Of course I do, and by Wed. He knows almost all his spelling words, and by this day he is reading his book to me with no help!!!!!!!!!..I am totally amazed at his complete turn around he loves this school and his teachers and so do I..We used to dread homework, but not anymore. He is the first one to say Mimi are you ready to help me with my spelling and reading?..His self esteem has shot right up. And for that, I am so great-full for everything his teachers and staff are doing...My youngest grandson is doing really well too. He is progressing right along...Thank you Abraham Lincoln Scool!!!:O)

The site here states that ALES Students per FTE teacher is 14 & state is 16 My 4th grader's class has 26 students & my 5th grader's class has 21 students. Pros: this is newer school & is kept clean, policies & procedures are strictly enforced creating an organized environment & system. There's programs available like 4H, girl/boy scouts, softball & basketball Cons: no school website & communication between parent/teacher is primarily done through the student using the planner & HAWKS Sheets where if the student receives strikes, count on detention. If the student doesn't fully abide by the school handbook, a Disciplinary Referral for detention is written up with less than 24 hours notice making arrangements to pick up child an issue. You must scramble to reschedule the detention & hope to resolve any issues with the teacher/school. My 5th grader has an IEP & is a transfer student from Hardin County (Oct '10 ). The current teacher mentioned (Feb '11) that it took a long time to receive the records from the previous school & she has has not had time to review them. It's stressful for a child with Aspergers Syndrome and ADHD to have a full class load and keep up.

Last modified Abraham Lincoln Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.