Bad
Good

My kids both graduated from CCHS and have gone on to a be successful in college! We were lucky to have had Mr. Stevenson for 1 year and like others, I agree, he is fantastic and contagious!!! My #1 issue with this school is is the same as people in general regarding Hopkinsville - stop bad mouthing it and do your part to make it better! AND, open your eyes and ears, Hopkinsville is not a bad place to live - it has a lot going for it!! Same as CCHS.... there's bad and good alike. I know a lot of the teachers at CCHS and they're fantastic and would do anything to help their students succeed! Parents and nonparents alike - be positive, talk up the great things going on in this town and at this school and do your part to make the less than glamorous things better!

I am currently a senior at CCHS. In the past 2 years, Mr. Stevenson has made a tremendous turn around in our school. As a Freshmen I was afraid for my safety and discipline was a huge problem. Now since we have a new principal, our test scores are speaking for us. The 2014 class currently has the highest ACT scores in the history of our school. I no longer fear for my safety or worry about anything more than my school work. Our principal has also pulled in much needed funding for us. The school board themselves, do not care for our school much so we do not get as much funding as the other school. However, he has managed to put together Senior trips and field trips for all grades. He rewards us for our good test scores and even more for our outstanding test scores. This school has really turned around!

Lack of leadership, little to no discipline, and a increaed lack of rigor in the curriculum and it's implementation.

I think CCHS has made a lot or progress over the past couple of years but has not addressed the discipline issue as strongly as they should. Why not move troubled kids who do no want to be at school and do nothing but disrupt class and keep other kids from learning to the trade school where they can be taught a trade where they can get a job immediately after graduation. Some kids just plain do not want to sit through english classes nor have any desire to go to college! Why take away from the kids that do want to be there by allowing the minority rule to disrupt teaching!

Many parents will complain about Christian County's test score and feel their children are not safe. The parents have not done anything to help the problem. Our test scores at CCHS are far better than the other schools in the county such has Hopkinsville High School and University Heights Academy. We are just second to Heritage Christian Academy. Our scores are far better than HHS. There are many students that try to score above average. Many teachers at CCHS care about the students and want their students to succeed. Even though we have rift raft in our school it is a small percent. You cannot compare the small percent to the whole school. To quote many teachers here you cannot compare apples to oranges.

As a graduate of CCHS I feel like this school is possibly the worst in the state. It is hit or miss on good teachers, and the teachers that care and know how to teach are only in junior/senior classes. For my entire first two years at the school I feel like I learned information that could have been accomplished in a month with a good teaching staff. The racial tensions are enormous. The atmosphere of the school is very unprofessional and I would say maybe 3% of students care about education, along with that many of the parents. Coming to college after receiving a degree from CCHS has been very very difficult because there is absolutely no basis for what I am learning now and I am so far behind students that came from other high schools that put an emphasis on preparing students for higher education.

I pulled my child out of CCHS. Safety is an issue. Go for a visit and listen to the language in the hallways. Some of the best teachers have been pulled to be discipline coaches. A big focus is put on lessening the achievement gap... but instead of lifting minority scores, the curriculum has been watered down. Check out ACT scores, AP tests taken, how many took the PSAT, how many freshmen enter vs. seniors gradute... not pretty. A new administration (superintendent, principals, etc) is needed with the desire and power to make changes. This school has been classified as 'failing' for years. The kids deserve better. I resent paying for private school just so my child can feel safe.

This is one of the best schools I attended. I loved it and the teachers do their best with each student.

I believe CCHS is the worst school my daughter has ever attended. The staff as a whole are more worried about controlling the childrens thoughts and the way they dress than the quality of education the children are getting. I have had some of the staff tell me as a parent that what I want for my child does not matter to them. I believe that a child's education is the responsibility of both the parents and staff. I will not let my daughter return to this school next year. My husband and I have decided to move so that my daughter can get the education that she deserves.

Last modified Christian County High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.