9-12 & Ungraded
Hopkinsville, KY
Students enrolled: 1,217

Christian County High School 4

Posted August 30, 2013
My kids both graduated from CCHS and have gone on to a be successful in college! We were lucky to have had Mr. Stevenson for 1 year and like others, I agree, he is fantastic and contagious!!! My #1 issue with this school is is the same as people in general regarding Hopkinsville - stop bad mouthing it and do your part to make it better! AND, open your eyes and ears, Hopkinsville is not a bad place to live - it has a lot going for it!! Same as CCHS.... there's bad and good alike. I know a lot of the teachers at CCHS and they're fantastic and would do anything to help their students succeed! Parents and nonparents alike - be positive, talk up the great things going on in this town and at this school and do your part to make the less than glamorous things better!

Christian County High School 5

Posted August 28, 2013
I am currently a senior at CCHS. In the past 2 years, Mr. Stevenson has made a tremendous turn around in our school. As a Freshmen I was afraid for my safety and discipline was a huge problem. Now since we have a new principal, our test scores are speaking for us. The 2014 class currently has the highest ACT scores in the history of our school. I no longer fear for my safety or worry about anything more than my school work. Our principal has also pulled in much needed funding for us. The school board themselves, do not care for our school much so we do not get as much funding as the other school. However, he has managed to put together Senior trips and field trips for all grades. He rewards us for our good test scores and even more for our outstanding test scores. This school has really turned around!

Posted June 29, 2010
Lack of leadership, little to no discipline, and a increaed lack of rigor in the curriculum and it's implementation.

Christian County High School 0

Posted May 13, 2010
I think CCHS has made a lot or progress over the past couple of years but has not addressed the discipline issue as strongly as they should. Why not move troubled kids who do no want to be at school and do nothing but disrupt class and keep other kids from learning to the trade school where they can be taught a trade where they can get a job immediately after graduation. Some kids just plain do not want to sit through english classes nor have any desire to go to college! Why take away from the kids that do want to be there by allowing the minority rule to disrupt teaching!

Christian County High School 5

Posted March 19, 2010

Posted February 22, 2010

Posted December 10, 2009

Christian County High School 4

Posted November 03, 2009
Many parents will complain about Christian County's test score and feel their children are not safe. The parents have not done anything to help the problem. Our test scores at CCHS are far better than the other schools in the county such has Hopkinsville High School and University Heights Academy. We are just second to Heritage Christian Academy. Our scores are far better than HHS. There are many students that try to score above average. Many teachers at CCHS care about the students and want their students to succeed. Even though we have rift raft in our school it is a small percent. You cannot compare the small percent to the whole school. To quote many teachers here you cannot compare apples to oranges.

Christian County High School 2

Posted October 27, 2009

Posted August 01, 2009

Christian County High School
220 Glass Ave, Hopkinsville, KY  42240
Last modified Christian County High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Christian County High School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top