9-12 & Ungraded
Hopkinsville, KY
Students enrolled: 1,162

Hopkinsville High School 2

Posted September 30, 2013
This school is a reflection of the community. It is outdated and in extremely poor condition. The property taxes are very low and the city fathers do not seem to care that their schools are suffering for lack of funds. There is a new superintendent that has a reputation for turning around school districts. Only time will tell. There is not an ongoing "bulling" policy and they do not address these issues. There are a lot of good teachers, but, they are teaching with one hand tied behind their back. I substituted in this district and I can tell you it has a lot of very uphappy teachers. I would not recommend anyone move to Hopkinsville. The schools are not good. This community is close to Ft. Campbell, KY and the serviceman has a choice.

Hopkinsville High School 5

Posted February 06, 2009

Hopkinsville High School 0

Posted November 28, 2007
All 3 of my daughters graduated from HHS in 2003, 2004, and 2007. During that time period the school went down considerably. Many of the really dedicated teachers retired and they were replaced with inexperienced teachers who had no adequate mentors. The school broke down into a place of constant behavior issues. Faculty was always doing damage controll. The block scheduling change led to lots of videos and bored students. Teachers were not teaching they were babysitting and on patrole. As a result my daughter that graduated in 2007 was not adequately prepared for college and is now taking remedial courses at the local community college. I wish I had listened to her when she tried to tell me she was not learning anything. I think things are changing now but parents really need to be aware of what is going on.

Posted October 22, 2007
- a former student
I attended this school, and my mom is the Family and Consumer Sciences Teacher. While there were fights and other discipline problems, I personally was not threatened. The only problem I truly have with HHS is the administration that we have at this moment. Our principal is not good for the school at all. I feel our parent involvement is very limited, although any parent is welcome. All of our extracurricular activities, including the music and art department, are exceptional. I would encourage any parent in Christian County to send their student there.

Hopkinsville High School 1

Posted October 04, 2006
I currently attend HHS and I do not understand in the least bit why anyone would suggest or even think that Hopkinsville High School would be a great institution.

Hopkinsville High School 5

Posted May 17, 2006
- a former student
I attened Hopkinsville High School and would recommed it. Most of the teachers are nice and helpful. The sports and choir programs are wonderful. I have family that attend it now, and they are happy there. The teacher and parent relationships are strong. There is room for improvement as with any school. Hopkinsville High School is the best school in Hopkinsville.

Posted May 17, 2006
While HHS has its problems, it is head and shoulders above CCHS in educational opportunities afforded to students who are dedicated to getting the most out of their high school educational experience. Still, there is insufficient support from the district office for advanced classes for superior students, and until the district actually does more than pay lip service to 'higher expectations', things are unlikely to improve significantly. As is the case elsewhere, the lack of parental involvement at school - and, more importantly, AT HOME - is the largest problem facing student performance and discipline at HHS.

Posted January 26, 2006

Posted September 05, 2005

Hopkinsville High School 4

Posted August 08, 2005
I love HHS. I was A resident Of CCHS, But I moved To HHS. For Job Reasons. Anyways. HHS Can be a pain but once you get used to it you will like it, there's a teacher Name Mrs. Scott. She is the Best I recomend. You ask/ tell your children to get her she very great.

Hopkinsville High School
430 Koffman Dr, Hopkinsville, KY  42240
Last modified Hopkinsville High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hopkinsville High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top