Bad
Good

Martin Luther King Jr. Elementary School 3

Posted July 24, 2014
I have heard nothing but good about MLK . Im excited about my Kindergartener going to this school this year hope she has a great experience and learns a lot .

Martin Luther King Jr. Elementary School 4

Posted June 06, 2014
We moved to this school in the middle of my son's 3rd grade year due to a job transfer. I was impressed with the organization & professionalism of the office staff, as well as the building security. No one can enter the school unannounced/roam free without staff knowledge. My son rides the bus & their transportation system is very organized. One day, they had a substitute driver who was not as familiar with the route & my son was late getting home. I called the school & the office staff was able to explain this to me & contact the driver directly. I give my son the choice of eating the school lunch or a packed lunch. He took his lunch the first couple days & then asked if he could eat the school lunch. At this school (and I assume the district?) all of the children are offered FREE breakfast & lunch; & he LIKES the food. My only complaint is teacher/parent communication. I get general announcements via automated phone calls but I would have liked 'this is what we're doing in class' emails from the teacher.

Martin Luther King Jr. Elementary School 1

Posted April 01, 2013
There is nothing about this school that is to like... You cannot be part of the school unless it is after school. The school has the lowest testing scores of all schools in the Christian County District. Some of the teachers in the school are amazing... However others do not seem to care.. If you can get school of choice I suggest you take it and go anywhere but MLK.

Martin Luther King Jr. Elementary School 1

Posted June 14, 2010
we are a military family who only attended MLK for 3 months. There is ZERO communication with staff and parents. Homework comes home about once a month, Just bad, bad and more bad. Oh did I mention the school LOST my child the first day of school, out him on the wrong bus. Heaven help the students there!

Martin Luther King Jr. Elementary School 5

Posted November 13, 2009
Moved to this school from Germany. Loved it loved it loved it. The office staff and faculty are wonderful. The kids are well organized and kept under enough control to learn and grow. The prinicpal is always around. Unfortunally we moved away after spending two wonderful years there. My son hates his new school and always compares it to MLK. This school is really on top of things. Other schools could learn a thing or two from MLK and its staff.

Martin Luther King Jr. Elementary School

Posted October 05, 2009

Martin Luther King Jr. Elementary School
14405 Dr Martin Luther King Jr, Hopkinsville, KY  42240
Last modified Martin Luther King Jr. Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.