9-12 & Ungraded
Independence, KY
Students enrolled: 1,639

Simon Kenton High School 5

Posted February 28, 2012
I attended SK , my wife attended SK, and my three children have/ are attended SK!!!! I m proud to be a graduate of this school. I feel that the teachers, staff, and administration care about their students and are motivated to get the best from them. That being said......there is accountability and responsibility with each student to look for and reach out for assistance when needed. Great school, great staff, great facilities.........Go Pioneers!!!

Simon Kenton High School 5

Posted February 12, 2010
Im a 12th grade student at SK and I have Loved Spending the last four years at Simon Kenton. Teachers care about the kids, the sports programs are great and my fav is our marching band that im a part of. Over the time iv spent at SK iv seen the school grow and develop into a state power house.

Posted January 10, 2009

Simon Kenton High School 3

Posted July 14, 2008
I am a student at SK and I see what goes on everyday. The majority of the students that are getting lower than a C average don't know that it's ok to stay after school and get extra help. I understand the parents' concern about the unanswered phone calls, however, you need to understand that these teenagers are in high school and they should be learning to take care of their own grades. The parents should aid in their childrens' lives, not take care of them every second. The unanswered phone calls are a problem. I understand there are times when things need to be taken into the hands of an adult. Last year I had one teacher who just handed out a packet and tested us on the stuff in them, and there were many complaints amongst us freshmen.

Simon Kenton High School 0

Posted November 26, 2007
There are teachers who's idea of teaching is to hand out a few packets and give a test on them. Not returning parent phone calls and ignoring e-mails are just a part of the problem. Fortunately, both of my kids have done well but it would be easy to fall through the cracks here

Simon Kenton High School 1

Posted May 20, 2007

Posted December 05, 2006

Simon Kenton High School 3

Posted August 15, 2005
Sk is producing fewer college students than both Scott and Dixie. I believe this to be primarily due to teacher quality and involvement. Sk says they want parental involvement however phone calls to teachers are sometimes not returned and notes are unanswered. Some teachers spend time on personal calls during class time. One in particular runs her side business from her cell phone during class. This is one of the teachers that didnt return a phone call to me on two occasions. I went to SK as a student and found the teachers to be involved and they seemed to take pride in their job, I havent seen that as a parent.

Simon Kenton High School 1

Posted March 09, 2005
- a former student

Posted January 19, 2004

Simon Kenton High School
11132 Madison Pk, Independence, KY  41051
Last modified Simon Kenton High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Simon Kenton High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top