Bad
Good

Summit View Middle School 4

Posted August 17, 2011
I have seen some of the posts regarding bullying and the school not taking action. Last year my son was bullied on the school bus. The school took action by calling in the other child's parents, temporarily removing bus privilages for the bully, and then hosted classes regarding bullying behavior. They pretty much have a zero tolerance policy for bullying and I was very pleased with the way the school handled the situation. My son was and still is an A/B student. He has really enjoyed his classes and teachers, and I am happy with the education he has received. AP Math and AP English.

Summit View Middle School 1

Posted October 11, 2010
My son went to summit view elm. and was a A student.The first year he was bullied.Ilet the school know this.Nothing was done about it.He had to put up with this for two years.I went up there to talk to someone about this.I had to talk to the lady at the front desk.The principal or the v.principal would not talk to me.My sons grades dropped from straight A toC.He did'nt even want to go to school anymore.He never went to his locker and always waited till he knew all the kids were gone.I would nerver tell anyone to let their child go to this school.My son is in a better school now and is loving school again.

Summit View Middle School 5

Posted March 06, 2010
I am an 8th grader at SVMS and i will just say the last three years here have been some of the best! Their choir program is excellent and They are starting to offer so many things! I am a member of the dance team, and I am an A & high B student.I love SVMS and i highly reccomend attending here.

Posted March 03, 2010
My child attends SVMS, our decision to have my child attend this school was for transportatin reasons. Just about all of the MS students in our neighborhood attend Turkeyfoot MS. This school has no support system at all. The asst Principal is a joke he is only riding out his time for retirement, the Principal is not much help at all, she only assisted with bullying when persuaded by the Supt of Kenton County. The education is subpar to say the least. Some of the teachers are helpful, certainly not all. Encouraged parent involvment is minimal. There are hardly any extra curricular activities at the school unless your an athlete. Peer pressure and bullying is a severe problem at this school.

Posted September 21, 2004
Singularly unimpressed. Not sure it is the schools fault. Unfortunately no child left behind,also, means no child moves ahead. In my daughter's reading class the ability level ranges from 2nd grade to college. This is from the teacher. My daughter was tested at a 13th year reading level 2 years ago and is in a reading class where turns are taken reading aloud, this is 8th grade folks! Next year,...good bye public schools for my daughter. This formula may work well for those of lesser ability or motivation, but not for others.

5002 Madison Pk, Independence, KY  41051
Last modified Summit View Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.