Bad
Good

My children have been attending Lagrange since early this year (2011). I have not been happy with my older child's teacher (4th grade) since we moved here. Recently the teacher has been bullying my child in front of the other students. She thinks it is appropriate to allow my son to go without snack while the other kids get their snack. She has also asked the other students in class if my son should be allowed to do things. This teacher needs to be fired because she obviously doesn't know how to run her classroom appropriately. When I talked to her on the phone she had the nerve to tell me how to parent my child! My younger child started the 1st grade this fall. There was a shortage of 1st grade teachers this year so they hired a new teacher. This new teacher is a great guy but he is from Ecuador and his English speaking skills are not good enough to be teaching first graders who are still learning how to speak properly themselves. My son already has speech issues so having a teacher that can't speak clear English is not good for him. Overall I am very displeased with Lagrange Elementary and I will be removing my children from the school as soon as I meet with the principal.

Very positive, nurturing environment. Great academic foundation for my kids.

Very happy with LaGrange Elementary School! Wonderful principal, teachers and support staff!

Awesome and dedicated teachers, support staff and PTA.

My daughter is in 3rd Grade at La Grange Elementary. We are very pleased with her education and could not ask for a better school!! I am amazed at how many hours the teachers put in, espeically outside of school. (This includes weekends and summers!) They are very dedicated and I must say that I have never seen a group of people work harder in their profession than these teachers do! You will not find a group of people that care more for students than Dr. Finch and the teachers at La Grange Elementary.

My boys started K at LaGrange Elementary with me being very apprehensive. They stayed there through the 3rd grade & the only reason they left is because of the rezoning. I wish that they could stay until middle school but that is how it goes. I absolutely LOVE this school, staff & especially the teachers. They are top notch!

I waited out the school year to write my opinion so I could be fair in my assessment. I was very concerned about sending my children to LaGrange Elementary. One of my children was in a 5th grade class in the cafeteria with 39 other kids. But after a year at LaGrange we have been more than pleased with the school. I agree there are many teachers and staff that dress very inappropriately, and that the classrooms are overcrowded, and the lunches are horrible. BUT Principal Finch is very dedicated to making sure that all children feel like they can achieve greatness. And all the teachers I dealt with, although not always professional in dress, were more than qualified in their teaching, and loving in their approach. We will look forward to returning in the Fall.

LaGrange Elementary is an outstanding school! I was a little worried that my children wouldn't receive the education I was offered growing up in Louisville but I was wrong! If anything, I wish I had the same opportunities that they have by attending LaGrange Elementary. I would highly recommend LaGrange to any parent interested in their child's education.

Last modified Lagrange Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.