9-12 & Ungraded
Lancaster, KY

Posted November 23, 2009

Posted March 23, 2007
- a former student
It's hard to find a perfect school. GCHS is no different. However, if students apply themselves and parents support the school system, all students can get a quality education and be prepared for the next level. There needs to be another counselor on staff. The ratio of 800/1 is overwhelming for anyone. Education is a difficult profession. I wouldn't want to put up with what these troopers have to deal with. Any school is only as successful as the support it receives from the community. Getting an education is hard work. It must be earned. Now days, many students and their parents want something for nothing.

Posted September 21, 2006
Academic programs are considerably behind other schools my daughter has attended including independent study programs where she was self-taught and learned more. School personnel do not always act in the best interest of the child nor do they necessarily have the child's academic welfare in mind.

Posted June 12, 2006
- a former student
I must say my experience is quite different from JP. I find the guidance office very helpful. They have never failed to help me when I ask for it. I don't always get my way, but thats ok.

Posted February 26, 2005
This is a very good school, the faculty have very high expectations of all the students and strive to make us better people. Not only in education but in character because they want us to be the very best and have the best opportunity to become succesful in the work force after we are out of school. Transition from middle school to high school was a very big deal for me, and very scary but once I got to the high school it was nothing like what people say high school is. The students along with the staff are very friendly and helpful.

Posted January 18, 2005
The teachers at GCHS are outstanding. They strive students to always do their best. The Principle and vice principle do the same. They work hard to make the school enviroment enjoyable. Many kids enjoy going to school here. I love this school. Im a 9th grader that thought my freshman year would be horrible, I dreaded the transition from middle to high school, but it turned out very easy. This is a small school, and almost everybody knows everybody. Safety at this school is not a problem, but the decipline could be improved. Also, the office workers friendliness could improve. Overall this is a great school.

Posted September 24, 2004

Garrard County High School
304 Maple Ave, Lancaster, KY  40444
Last modified Garrard County High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Garrard County High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top