Lexington, KY
Before care: Yes

Posted September 23, 2013
I have 3 kids at TLS, and I think it is wonderful, one of my kids at ADHD (attention and non-attention) and TLS created a learning plan for her, and she is doing well. My oldest is in 4th grade having left public school due to some behaviors, and disciplining techniques I didn't approve of; TLS has none of those problems and my kids love the school, even my oldest who was very pessimistic about being the new kid.

Posted September 12, 2013
I am a former TLS parent whose child is now in high school, and I couldn't be more pleased with her transition and success. The Lexington School is an extremely nurturing environment where she felt loved and cared for, and where teachers, in small classes, were able to know her individually and help her maximize her potential. Additionally, while there were many opportunities for challenge and competition, the atmosphere at TLS was not all about winning and competing. Instead, it was about being a part of a team and doing your best. Although she enjoys high school, she misses her years at TLS. It was the best investment we have ever made.

Posted May 18, 2012
While some people perceive private schools to be elitest, nothing can be further from the truth at The Lexington School. The community is wonderful there. Loving teachers and a family of parents who all value the same thing: providing the strongest educational foundation they can for their children. I am from a small town and I am a middle class person who has never felt anything other than acceptance and love at this school for my entire family. It is the best of both worlds--strong academics, courage building, and a nurturing, diverse community.

The Lexington School 3

Posted November 04, 2011
While TLS is extremely strong academically, it definitely has its shortcomings. It's a difficult place to be if you're not competitive (in really every aspect of life). It is a challenging environment, but certainly not a nurturing one. The students can be fairly snobby and aren't welcoming to those who are a little different. If you go here, you will most likely come out a strong and motivated student; however, you'll probably also be unprepared for social environments at any normal school.

Posted December 19, 2010
The benefits of TLS cannot be explained...it must be experienced. There are so many things about the school that are awesome! TLS proves that if you expect great things from Children, they can and will deliver! The teachers truly care and want your child to learn to be a successful in life, not just in a subject area. Visit the school...it is worth a look.

Posted November 30, 2009

Posted August 20, 2009
My grandchildren attend TLS and I am amazed at what they have learned at such a young age. They love the school and I believe being a sudent at TLS will prepare them for a great future when they enter the workforce. I also wish it went to 12th grade instead of just 8th grade. As far as price, you can not put a price on your children's education and future. Our family is middle class and they attend TLS.

Posted April 30, 2009
The Lexington School has a mission and philosophy that is different from most schools. The philosophy relates to giving children the opportunity, in a safe and nurturing environment, to take some risks. Ultimately in taking risks and challenging oneself, there is a chance that a child will make a mistake, but it through the mistake that most often the greatest learning takes place. I have found for both of my children that this philosophy has led them to develop a true self-confidence, courage, and curiosity that will be with them for the rest of their lives. My children are not rocket scientists, but I truly feel that their individual potential has been recognized and maximized at The Lexington School. Some parents don't want their children to feel discomfort; they want to fix it all for them. I want mine to make wise choices and TLS is helping them accomplish this goal.

Posted March 05, 2009

The Lexington School 0

Posted October 03, 2008
i am a current student at tls and i love it. all of the students will welcome you in, and everyone has great friends. though the tuition is high it ic completely worth it. acedemically tls is very noteable. all of the teachers are very nice and really care about every indivisual. Just going to tls and making average grades put you ahead of most other schools(i am an a student!). TlS gives gres=at oppurtunities for all of its students and really helps prepare you for highschool. I still attend Tls and am looking forward to next year. Again the only downside is that the tuition is high and that it increases yearly. I love TLS

The Lexington School