PK-8 & Ungraded
Lexington, KY
Before care: Yes

Posted November 23, 2014
The teacher to student ratio fits the Association Montessori Internationale standards. Adolescent guides are highly specialized in math, science, and humanities. The atmosphere is one of diversity, kindness, and academic progressiveness.

Posted November 22, 2014
This is an amazing school. Teachers and staff are amazing, my kids love it there. Wouldn't be anywhere else.

Posted November 09, 2014
Our one year there showed how little administrators cared about parents, teachers or kids in the middle school. A disservice to all that Maria Montessori stood for. Shame. Luckily, there is far better in lex now.

Posted November 04, 2014
My children have attended Community Montessori they were 3. My oldest daughter is in the 6th grade and scored above the 90th percentile on her standardized tests. My second daughter hasn't taken her standardized test yet, but I expect similar results. I believe in the power of a Montessori education and would encourage anyone interested to come to CMS and observe the classroom. I think you will find that the staff and teachers truely care and are passionate about providing a quality Montessori education.

Posted October 20, 2014
This is an excellent school with over thirty years of producing quality students that excel in the transition to both public and private high schools. They have an excellent student-to-teacher ratio, well trained AMI Certified staff, and the school sits on a marvelous 13 acre campus with an active stream, student maintained crops and chickens.

Posted September 15, 2014
Amazing Montessori school! My children have thrived here. I can't imagine them being anywhere else!

Posted July 27, 2014
CMS IS NOT UNDER ATTACK BY ANYONE OTHER THAN THEMSELVES!!! The board and only the board has let this circus go on far to long. By the way there are board members whose children or grandchildren have left this school. Do your homework!! Ask questions about how a experimental combined classroom of 50 4-6 graders with one teacher for 1 year of the 2 years failed miserably. Only the children lost in that one with standardized test dropping 30% or more. Was this AMI approved ? Ask how many teachers have left in the past 5-6 years Ask why the middle school collapsed and every teacher including the secretary left. Ask if it is AMI approved that 4-6 graders should be in the same school as middle schoolers. CMS has ONLY themselves to blame. Make the right choice for your child and go elsewhere.

Posted July 08, 2014
Do your research on all of the CMS staff members. Ask for enrollment numbers 2011 - present, including the number of middle school students enrolled for the 2014-2015 MMSK school year. What happened to all of the MMSK teachers? Why did they ALL leave? Grace and courtesy? They should look into practicing what they preach.

Posted June 24, 2014
There are just too many things wrong with this school to list them all here. If you decide to send your children here after seeing all of the warnings posted by families who have suffered, then unfortunately your children will suffer from your choice. Do not go to this school. If you want Montessori there are several other options in the central Kentucky area. For the price you pay in tuition for any of them, it is worth the drive. I wish I could give zero stars and get back the tens of thousands of dollars we have spent before realizing our grave mistake and witnessing the only good teachers leaving year after year. Only one teacher remains that taught at CMS two years ago.

Posted March 18, 2014
I have two children at Community Montessori. We have been very pleased with this school. When I was searching for a school for my children, I went to observe in a classroom for children ages 3 through 5. I was amazed to see the order in the classroom with such young children. Children are allowed to choose their work based on their interests. My oldest is now 7 and in the next level classroom, and we have continued to be impressed with her academic achievement and pursuits. It makes sense that having the freedom to study that which is of interest to the student makes a big difference in the depth of learning that occurs. This school is a part of the Association Montessori Internationale, which is quite rigorous, requiring review every three years. It is my understanding that it is the only school in the city with this distinction. I feel that my children have been nurtured at this school by a community that truly cares for them. I have no doubt that the love for school that my children have is because of this wonderful learning environment. If you are looking for a school for your children, observe a classroom here. I am willing to bet that you will look no further!

Community Montessori School