PK-6|Private

Bad
Good

I want to give LMS five stars, but I hope the facility, parking lot and playground will soon be improved. This requires financial support, as one parent complained. To me, academics and environment, especially how well the teachers know my child as an individual, are worth the tuition, the fundraising and then some! LMS could raise tuition like the bigger Montessori schools, but it would be out of reach of the many charming families who are grateful for it -- like us! I love the "student first" instruction; students are brought here by their families for the Montessori foundation. The personal responsibility that is fostered by the established daily rhythm (first grade and up) better prepares a child for real life than having a teacher do everything for him/her. This is our first year at LMS, and I don't expect it to be our last. In my view, LMS seems to be paying close attention to the most important things, to the benefit of my student and his classmates.

Welcoming staff, inviting teachers, quality education. I had no idea what to expect when I enrolled my child in this little school. He started at two and a half in the primary program and is in his third year. One of the teachers has been there over 20 years, and she is amazing! I have consistently been surprised by the knowledge of my child. He started reading at 3, he knew the entire US map, he just turned 5 and can tell me the capitol cities of all states and proficiently reads. Not only academic skills are taught, but life skills as well. He sets the lunch table, washes his placemat for lunch, and washes his hands upon entering school and before eating. I have found the parents to be engaged and respectful. My child is not sick all of the time; the teachers are attentive. The school is very diverse and the families respect each other. I was a little hesitant not sending him to a Christian school, but it has been eye opening to see him surrounded by various ethnicities and backgrounds since this is what life is all about anyway. If you are looking for a flashy school, this is not for you, but this is why we love it. It's real. Children flourish here.

My son just started this August and absolutely loves school! His teachers are very kind, patient and truly care about the kids. Ms. Morris & Ms. Michaels are wonderful teachers. I highly recommend this school. It is smaller and you feel like your child is really getting the attention and help they deserve.

I have two children at Lexington Montessori School and they've both excelled. They were both reading in pre-school and my son was working on algebra in 2nd grade. The teachers are able to use the Montessori methods to bring out the potential of the children. They often will have something to tell me about my child's day and will be the first to notice if they might be sick. They just know my child so well that they know how they normally behave. The teachers are also available for conferences if I have a problem. The school also has an art teacher that has her own art gallery "MainCross" at Victorian Square in downtown and teaches art at UK. She does the most amazing things with the children. My son has learned so much from her that he can tell you about a painting that we might see. She teaches the kids some of the same art that she teaches her college students! This school also is very small with about 65 kids in the entire school. The ratios are very low and the kids get one on one attention with the teachers. It is a wonderful school that starts with kids as young as 2 1/2 yrs. old (they must be potty trained) and goes up through 6th grade. You should call them today!

LMS is an incredible school! We were there for about 4 years through our son's kindergarten year. Though it's quite small, it has a 30+ year history and positive reputation around Lexington, KY. The families are loving and are very involved. Everyone made us feel so welcomed! Lots of international and multi-ethical families which we loved! Many of the teachers I think have been there for 10+ years. We loved our son's teachers! One of them was young and energetic. She was incredibly knowledgable about Montessori. Our son still talks about her. The other teacher has been at the school since it opened and she had lots of experience with chasing little boys around. Our son loved both of them and even though he was a handful they both treated him with such kindness and respect. Our son was well prepared for first grade in public school (he's advanced in math and reading but needed help in handwriting). Overall, a great school!

I was an LMS student and now I am an LMS parent of one primary student and another on the way next school year. My sisters and I have such wonderful memories of our time at LMS. The teachers and staff are second to none with a wealth of experience and a genuine love for the students. They are welcoming of parental involvement and encourage open communication. I am amazed at what comes home from the world, continent and US maps handmade by my daughter at age two to her reading skills at age three, I am grateful every day I drop her off at school knowing she is experiencing a truly unique environment that allows her to grow in unexpected ways and always with a smile on her face. I can t imagine my children anywhere else!

Lexington Montessori School is a wonderful, nurturing school. The teachers are committed to the Montessori philosophy and provide a high quality education. The school's emphasis on art, music and Spanish sets it apart from other Montessori schools in Lexington. Highly recommended.

My son is in his second year in a primary class at LMS. I couldn't be happier. First of all, the Montessori method makes so much sense and I am particularly pleased at the conceptual foundation he has learned in mathematics and language. The teachers are warm, supportive, and communicative. Each teacher and staff member seems genuinely happy to be there every day. The school encourages and has high parental involvement. The school is small, which some may view as a disadvantage, but I have found the small size (particularly with a younger child) has given the school a family-friendly and close environment. In addition, the Montessori method is supplemented with weekly Spanish and music lessons. Furthermore, the extended day program is very good. I love this school!!!!

We've had our two sons at LMS for several years, and are very pleased. We attribute our sons' advancement to the montessori program, the small size of the school which allows for individual attention, and the nurturing staff. The school encourages parental involvement. I stop by occasionally to eat lunch with my children, and I feel very comfortable in doing so. In addition to the traditional subjects studied, LMS has a excellent art and Spanish programs. The students get to participate in a PE program in which they go on field trips (swimming, gymnastics, dancing, etc.). The children also participate in plays, and several school programs through the year.

We have had at least one child at LMS every year for the past 16 (and we have more than a few left to go, with a 20-month-old at home). We honestly love the school; the small size allows for individual attention and also encourages the families to get to know each other. During the time we've been there, we've seen teachers and families come and go, but the consistent feature of the school is that the teachers are wonderful and the families are involved. The art, music and Spanish programs are great and really add to the traditional areas of study. Three of my children have been through LMS and are at other schools now, but they have each taken with them a sincere love of learning that was fostered by their experiences at Lexington Montessori. We can't say enough good things about this school (see www.lexkymontessori.org for more details).

Last modified Lexington Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6