PK-12|Private
1,535 students

Bad
Good

Very happy with this school. It offers an outstanding Christian education. We are so glad we chose it for our children.

Overall you could not ask for a better education in central Kentucky. I am a pastor so some will say I'm biased. However, our child graduated with the class of 2014 and though we heard all the typical complaints daily about rules, admin, teachers, workload etc, the personal attention, preparation for college and the level of education were well worth the price. Did we agree with everything? No. But where would we have agreed with everything? LCA is led by human beings, My son was safe, well directed, challenged and I do believe loved. Sometimes there were unhealthy (incomplete) religious views he encountered both from students and staff-- but LCA is representative of what you find among all Christians trying to figure out their own spiritual lives. And the fact that normal teen behaviors (and misbehaviors) fill the hallowed halls should shock no one. Come on...really. These are teenagers LCA is an excellent school with a proven track record. If you're; considering a private education, it would be unwise not to consider it.

I am a graduate of lca and I can tell you to never send your kids there unless you want them to be bullied by other students or teachers. Also make sure you have a ton of money. And make sure you give your kids as much money as they need to fit in or else you will need to spend money on counseling. I graduated years ago and I still wake up from nightmares with what I had to deal with from other students.

Wonderful school. Wonderful Christian based atmosphere. The teachers are great and really love all their students. Although I do believe that a student can get a good education in public OR private schools as long as both the child and the parents are involved in the education, I still wouldn't want my child to go anywhere else.

My child has endured her first semester at LCA. Endured, barely. My child has already been bullied by a student that is on behavior probation and shouldn't even be allowed to stay in this school. Has endured teachers being just plain mean, yelling or not helping with questions on a subject, saying, "Figure it out." For this I'm paying thousands of dollars? We're seriously looking at another school for the remainder of the high school years. What the 2012 graduate posted on Dec. 15, 2012 is exactly what we've encountered this year: some great teachers, some caring administration, but definitely a Christian facade and not a "world-class education" at all. Very disappointed at this "Christian" school. It's more like a very expensive public school.

We loved the environment at LCA. The teachers and staff have been incredibly welcoming and helpful. However, we were dissapointed in the levels at which the students were learning even at the Pre-K level. LCA has the best of the best in all regards except in providing a challenging scholastic environment for your children. My child basically just did crafts all year and waited for the rest of the class to catch up. No additional work was supplied him and we continued to pay a high rate of tuition throughout the year. As parents we were willing to sacrifice to pay the tuition if the educational challenge was there, but sadly it was not. I cannot speak highly enough about the kindess shown by the staff and teachers. We were instantly comfortable and enjoyed a nice quiet, drama free year.

Our daughter started LCA when she was 3. Our family thought LCA would be a sweet foundation and planned to transition our daughter to public school starting at Kindergarten. What we discovered after just a couple of years is that we could not imagine our daughter attending any other school than LCA. We fell in love with the teachers, the environment, and the curriculum. 10 years later, we stil feel the same. While at LCA, our daughter has taken advanced courses, joined the Beta Club, participated in band, drama, dance, and cheerleading, and experienced her first mission trip. It's rare to find a school that offers a child so many opportunities to explore their interests and talents. We have been blessed by talented, caring teachers, coaches, and youth leaders. We are so thankful we chose to remain with LCA all of these years.

As I watch my children go through college, I reflect back on their time and education at LCA. They were academically ready, as shown by my oldest child's experience in a college English class. After the first paper was written, the professor called my child up to the desk and asked where my child attended high school. When the answer was LCA, the professor said "I can tell in your writing, it's excellent". Just a small example of the quality education LCA provides, not just high school, but from preschool - 12th grade. Chapel every week, Bible classes every day. Not just the spirit of Christ, but also the theology of the Bible. The quality you receive for the money invested is truly a blessing from God.

This school is a blessing! We are new parents at LCA and could not be more impressed. The staff and teachers have been very involved with our son and have worked with us to make sure his transition to LCA was seamless. His teachers have been very responsive to any questions that we have had and the principal is very encouraging and keeps us posted on his progress. Our son enjoys his classes, the new academic challenges and the many school activities offered as well. This school is the total package if you are looking for a balance of scripture, academics and social opportunities.

LCA has a challenging program that leads to great success. Last year, the 100 graduates were offered in excess of $7 million of college scholarships. 100% of the seniors graduate. The preschool program is second to none with an active program leading students toward exploration, play and learning. There are IPADS for students beginning in the preschool level! Elementary students have access as well and the school does a great job holding down costs. If you are looking for a caring environment, structured around Biblical principles and staffed by a loving staff who will hold your child accountable then check this school out. The results speak for themselves. LCA is a bargain for all that you get in return. It is safe, beautifully maintained and carries the mission to Glorify God. It does that well!

Last modified Lexington Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12