Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

My son has been bullied and teased repeatedly. I have been 100% dissatisfied with their approach to bullying. Physical violence should result in suspending, but it wasn't in this case.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

I and my son have had terrible experiences with the other students at this school and their parents.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

I don't have a lot of experience with different teachers, but the one we have had has been a pleasant experience. However, my son is not doing as well in this school as his last, but I can't be sure to what that is attributed.

Amount of homework: Agree

The homework for 4th grade is very simple.

My son switched to Dixie for the magnet program. His standardized test scores began to drop after starting at Dixie. He also began being bullied by multiple students. He has never been bullied this much in his entire life, combined. He has been teased perpetually and there have been multiple cases of physical violence. Also, we chose this program over the gifted and accelerated program at another school because of the wide variety of extracurricular activities. However, he was only able to end up doing one for some reason. He also thinks the boys bathrooms are particularly unclean all the time. He even learns the oddest, most age inappropriate things from other students. Every time we attend an event at the school, the parents let their children (siblings to the students, I assume) run wild. I once had a parent I had never met sit her 4 year old next to me and then leave for the rest of the program. It is a very odd experience compared to the school we were at previously. The positives about the school are that his teacher is fantastic and very patient with him and the after school program has been pretty good, though a little expensive. He also really enjoys the gym instructor.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Our student has had three teachers (Ms. Fox, Ms. Schweitzer and Ms. Bealer) and all three have been fantastic.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Fortunately or unfortunately depending on your stance, I have always been of the opinion that school time should be school time and home time should be home time and the two should not infringe on the other. Children are in school all day working hard so when they get home, I believe this should be their free time to simply be kids, no homework.

Develops character: Strongly agree

We have been extremely impressed with student/teacher integrity and moralistic behavior. Our grandaughter loves this school and all the teachers she has had to date.

This is the third year our granddaughter has attended Dixie and during those three years (K,1,2) there has not been one single negative that we or our granddaughter has experienced. The teachers are phenomenal and go way beyond their normal job duties to ensure each child the very best education possible. Our granddaughter has excelled and just in reading (nationally) is reading in the top five percentile. We are very pleased with Dixie.

The teachers really are invested in the children that they work with. Moved from Bowling Green to Lexington last year and my boys teachers went above and beyond their regular responsibilities to help my boys adjust. They still don't like how early they have to go (neither do I), but they do like the school.

Last modified Dixie Elementary Magnet School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.