Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Our student has had three teachers (Ms. Fox, Ms. Schweitzer and Ms. Bealer) and all three have been fantastic.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Fortunately or unfortunately depending on your stance, I have always been of the opinion that school time should be school time and home time should be home time and the two should not infringe on the other. Children are in school all day working hard so when they get home, I believe this should be their free time to simply be kids, no homework.

Develops character: Strongly agree

We have been extremely impressed with student/teacher integrity and moralistic behavior. Our grandaughter loves this school and all the teachers she has had to date.

This is the third year our granddaughter has attended Dixie and during those three years (K,1,2) there has not been one single negative that we or our granddaughter has experienced. The teachers are phenomenal and go way beyond their normal job duties to ensure each child the very best education possible. Our granddaughter has excelled and just in reading (nationally) is reading in the top five percentile. We are very pleased with Dixie.

The teachers really are invested in the children that they work with. Moved from Bowling Green to Lexington last year and my boys teachers went above and beyond their regular responsibilities to help my boys adjust. They still don't like how early they have to go (neither do I), but they do like the school.

My son goes to school here currently, my daughter will start next year. I am a local real estate broker and deal with school buying decision with client all the time, we specifically chose this school because we heard so many great things about it and we strongly believe in public schools. Luckily we got in. My son is learning things that I learned in 4th or 5th grade. He simply loves his teachers, the facilities are excellent, the staff is friendly. We really like the individualized attention and the small groups based on student learning level, they give to the students. I would stress more of that for my son. At this point I have nothing bad to say about this school. They could possibly get more parent involved, but we are probably as guilty of not participating in PTA and other events. We are extremely happy and feel lucky both our children go here.

Last modified Dixie Elementary Magnet School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.