Lexington, KY

Dixie Elementary Magnet School 4

Posted October 08, 2013
The teachers really are invested in the children that they work with. Moved from Bowling Green to Lexington last year and my boys teachers went above and beyond their regular responsibilities to help my boys adjust. They still don't like how early they have to go (neither do I), but they do like the school.

Posted February 29, 2012
My son goes to school here currently, my daughter will start next year. I am a local real estate broker and deal with school buying decision with client all the time, we specifically chose this school because we heard so many great things about it and we strongly believe in public schools. Luckily we got in. My son is learning things that I learned in 4th or 5th grade. He simply loves his teachers, the facilities are excellent, the staff is friendly. We really like the individualized attention and the small groups based on student learning level, they give to the students. I would stress more of that for my son. At this point I have nothing bad to say about this school. They could possibly get more parent involved, but we are probably as guilty of not participating in PTA and other events. We are extremely happy and feel lucky both our children go here.

Posted February 25, 2008

Dixie Elementary Magnet School 4

Posted December 09, 2004
Both of my grandchildren have attended here for three years. The individual attention my older student received was instrumental in getting her to read superbly and with understanding after the failure of her previous school to address this important issue. Both students have thrived in the respectful learning environment, and teachers have been more than willing to address any issues that we brought up concerning behavior and learning. There is ample opportunity for them to use the current technology, and I can't imagine sending my grandchildren to any other school! Additionally, all staff, especially the principal, were friendly and helpful at all times.

Posted October 25, 2004
Our fourth child is now attending Dixie Magnet Elementary school. We are very happy with the student teacher ratio, and with the help our children receive if they should need extra help. We like the positive atmosphere at Dixie and the positive role models our children encounter on a day to day basis. Dixie has several teachers who have been at Dixie for 15-20 years.

Posted March 08, 2004
Dixie is awesome! I love the parent/teacher interaction! Independent learning is the magnet which allows for each student to move along at their own pace! The open classrooms (which is usually perceived as a 'bad' thing) works well to provide for easy transition for students! I just can't say enough wonderful things about this school...Keep up the great work!

Dixie Elementary Magnet School
1940 Eastland Parkway, Lexington, KY  40505
Last modified Dixie Elementary Magnet School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dixie Elementary Magnet School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top