Lexington, KY

Garden Springs Elementary School 3

Posted September 23, 2013
My daughter went to Garden Springs, and I loved it except she was always complaining about the music teacher, and the parents and office staff seem "gossipy" She really enjoyed her Kindergarten, 2nd, and 3rd grade teachers, but her 1st Grade teacher was always yelling at the students, I joined the PTA but found that group very rude. I honestly didn't like the former principal but Mr. Brehm is always fun, and really loves the kids. My daughter left because of bullying and other kids... I felt the kids weren't behaving appropriately (they were "dating" and swearing) so my daughter now attend The Lexington School

Garden Springs Elementary School 1

Posted May 26, 2013
I had two children in this school and that was two, too many. We had one good teacher and the rest were terrible. The principal seemed unsure of herself and had very bad leadership qualities. Did nothing to address bullying behavior. Three principals in three years.

Posted November 26, 2012
This is my third year with children at Garden Springs. All of the teachers my children have had have been excellent. They have gone over and above to challenge them. I originally had concerns about the principal who was there when we started but has since left. The new principal is awesome! With our new principal, I'm very excited about the future of Garden Springs!

Garden Springs Elementary School 4

Posted November 27, 2011
The school is amazing. All of my kids have attended GSE and I highly recommend the school. I have a few concerns, mainly the new principal they have filling in, she seems to think that rewarding children with candy is wrong and has even banned one of the ways that the 5th grade class raised money for their trip. And from what I am gathering she has also banned sports being played in gym. You would think that the Principal would want the children to get more exercise than just walking and running around the gym.

Garden Springs Elementary School 2

Posted November 20, 2009
This is not one of the best schools in the city by any means. It's very average, but is an OK school. The principal is not very helpful and the school could use a new counselor. The PTA is very good. Help with the administration (principal and counselor) would benefit this school.

Garden Springs Elementary School 1

Posted August 20, 2008
Teaching is fine, but mediocre compared to top rated schools. I don't care for the principal.

Posted March 10, 2008
The staff at Garden Springs Elementary has made the educatonal experience for my son a vey rewarding one. The dedication and professioanlism they have shown over the years makes me very conficent that he is receiveing the best education possible. He loves going to school every day! My daughter will begin school next year. I have no doubt that she will receive the same level support and care as my son has over the past few years. Great people make a great school!

Posted January 06, 2005
Both my son and daughter attended Garden Springs Elementary, grades K - 5. I cannot say enough about the deadicated, caring, professional staff at this school. My son was identified with a reading comprehension problem very early and was placed on an Individual Education Plan (IEP) to overcome the problem. The staff worked tirelessly to challenge him at every turn. My son still strugles with reading, but today he is a successful high school student with a B average. There is no doubt in my mind that most of the credit for what he has achieved is due the the staff at Garden Springs. They were wonderful!

Garden Springs Elementary School
2151 Garden Springs Dr, Lexington, KY  40504
Last modified Garden Springs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Garden Springs Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top