Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Both of my children attended Garden Springs Elementary. I can’t say it wasn’t rough at the beginning, but once Mr. Brehm came on board as Principal this ship turned on the right direction because of his leadership. The school has been fully remodeled, new technology has been adopted but most importantly, there are great teachers and great parents who care and are actively involved and committed to the children’s development. My kids have received world class education from award winning teachers. There is a lot of diversity and the students have many academic levels but the teachers always find a way to challenge each one of them to their level. In this school no one is left behind but also no one is pulled back. Everyone is encouraged to go beyond their ability. I suggest you take all the bad reviews with a grain of salt. I have seen firsthand how bullying is addressed decisively and there is no tolerance of it in this school. I have also seen how the music teacher, who also teaches music in the best middle school in Lexington and who is one of the best teachers in the city, inspires children to love the art. I am surprised this school has not gained a higher level from GreatSchools.org, but I don’t ever regret keeping my kids in the school.

Horrible experiences with teachers and administration. Told my daughter showed signs of an intellectual disability. She has since been identified as gifted. She also was bullied multiple times and nothing was done about it (we're talking physical as well as verbal abuse). If this is your home school, MOVE. I would sell my home and live in an apartment before I'd send another child to this school.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Students are allowed to bully other students. We contacted teachers and the principal multiple times and it never got better.

my daughters school is gardensprings elementary, this is our 3rd year, just hoping to have a better teacher. The new principal seems awsome! Also, the music teacher gave my daughter an instrument that didn't work, contacted her multiple times, she swore it was ok,it wasnt

My daughter went to Garden Springs, and I loved it except she was always complaining about the music teacher, and the parents and office staff seem "gossipy" She really enjoyed her Kindergarten, 2nd, and 3rd grade teachers, but her 1st Grade teacher was always yelling at the students, I joined the PTA but found that group very rude. I honestly didn't like the former principal but Mr. Brehm is always fun, and really loves the kids. My daughter left because of bullying and other kids... I felt the kids weren't behaving appropriately (they were "dating" and swearing) so my daughter now attend The Lexington School

I had two children in this school and that was two, too many. We had one good teacher and the rest were terrible. The principal seemed unsure of herself and had very bad leadership qualities. Did nothing to address bullying behavior. Three principals in three years.

This is my third year with children at Garden Springs. All of the teachers my children have had have been excellent. They have gone over and above to challenge them. I originally had concerns about the principal who was there when we started but has since left. The new principal is awesome! With our new principal, I'm very excited about the future of Garden Springs!

The school is amazing. All of my kids have attended GSE and I highly recommend the school. I have a few concerns, mainly the new principal they have filling in, she seems to think that rewarding children with candy is wrong and has even banned one of the ways that the 5th grade class raised money for their trip. And from what I am gathering she has also banned sports being played in gym. You would think that the Principal would want the children to get more exercise than just walking and running around the gym.

This is not one of the best schools in the city by any means. It's very average, but is an OK school. The principal is not very helpful and the school could use a new counselor. The PTA is very good. Help with the administration (principal and counselor) would benefit this school.

Teaching is fine, but mediocre compared to top rated schools. I don't care for the principal.

Last modified Garden Springs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.