Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)

Posted August 20, 2015
Horrible experiences with teachers and administration. Told my daughter showed signs of an intellectual disability. She has since been identified as gifted. She also was bullied multiple times and nothing was done about it (we're talking physical as well as verbal abuse). If this is your home school, MOVE. I would sell my home and live in an apartment before I'd send another child to this school.

Garden Springs Elementary School
Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted August 19, 2015
Students are allowed to bully other students. We contacted teachers and the principal multiple times and it never got better.

Garden Springs Elementary School 3

Posted June 12, 2015
my daughters school is gardensprings elementary, this is our 3rd year, just hoping to have a better teacher. The new principal seems awsome! Also, the music teacher gave my daughter an instrument that didn't work, contacted her multiple times, she swore it was ok,it wasnt

Garden Springs Elementary School 3

Posted September 23, 2013
My daughter went to Garden Springs, and I loved it except she was always complaining about the music teacher, and the parents and office staff seem "gossipy" She really enjoyed her Kindergarten, 2nd, and 3rd grade teachers, but her 1st Grade teacher was always yelling at the students, I joined the PTA but found that group very rude. I honestly didn't like the former principal but Mr. Brehm is always fun, and really loves the kids. My daughter left because of bullying and other kids... I felt the kids weren't behaving appropriately (they were "dating" and swearing) so my daughter now attend The Lexington School

Posted May 26, 2013
I had two children in this school and that was two, too many. We had one good teacher and the rest were terrible. The principal seemed unsure of herself and had very bad leadership qualities. Did nothing to address bullying behavior. Three principals in three years.

Garden Springs Elementary School 5

Posted November 26, 2012
This is my third year with children at Garden Springs. All of the teachers my children have had have been excellent. They have gone over and above to challenge them. I originally had concerns about the principal who was there when we started but has since left. The new principal is awesome! With our new principal, I'm very excited about the future of Garden Springs!

Garden Springs Elementary School 4

Posted November 27, 2011
The school is amazing. All of my kids have attended GSE and I highly recommend the school. I have a few concerns, mainly the new principal they have filling in, she seems to think that rewarding children with candy is wrong and has even banned one of the ways that the 5th grade class raised money for their trip. And from what I am gathering she has also banned sports being played in gym. You would think that the Principal would want the children to get more exercise than just walking and running around the gym.

Garden Springs Elementary School 2

Posted November 20, 2009
This is not one of the best schools in the city by any means. It's very average, but is an OK school. The principal is not very helpful and the school could use a new counselor. The PTA is very good. Help with the administration (principal and counselor) would benefit this school.

Posted August 20, 2008
Teaching is fine, but mediocre compared to top rated schools. I don't care for the principal.

Garden Springs Elementary School 5

Posted March 10, 2008
The staff at Garden Springs Elementary has made the educatonal experience for my son a vey rewarding one. The dedication and professioanlism they have shown over the years makes me very conficent that he is receiveing the best education possible. He loves going to school every day! My daughter will begin school next year. I have no doubt that she will receive the same level support and care as my son has over the past few years. Great people make a great school!

Garden Springs Elementary School
2151 Garden Springs Dr, Lexington, KY  40504
Last modified Garden Springs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Garden Springs Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top