9-12 & Ungraded
Lexington, KY
Students enrolled: 1,935

Posted April 17, 2014
Very nice teachers and many good activities. My daughter likes it so much that she refuse to move.

Lafayette High School 1

Posted May 24, 2013
This school does not provide an education - it teaches mindless conformity. The teaching quality is very poor, especially in the English Department. The administrators don't advocate for students, but rather defend even unethical and unjust actions taken by teachers.

Lafayette High School 5

Posted February 25, 2013
More impressed with Lafayette with each passing day. I have two kids in both the engineering and performing arts magnet programs and have found this school to exceed my expectations in academics, arts programs, and student behavior/discipline. English, foreign languages, math and sciences (stellar chemistry and AP chem) have all been extremely strong and both of my kids truly enjoy enjoy the teachers. This school is very middle class and thus gets overshadowed by some of the newer, wealthier schools in the district but recent grads have headed off to Princton, Yale, Duke, Vandy, etc... It is very possible to succeed here.

Posted February 18, 2013
My son is a sophomore at Lafayette. He is attending the pre engineering program. As with any school there are teachers that I would like to skip but overall we have had a great experience. The leadership is strong and the counselors are top notch, There are extensive amounts of clubs, sports and more for any student to find their niche.

Posted August 01, 2012
My child has been a student at Lafayette for two years. She is in the pre-engineering program and her math and science education to date has been second to none. I would argue that she is receiving as good if not better an education than if she were in Dunbar's MSTC program. Mrs. Waespe (pre-calc) and Mr. Matson (chemistry) are both excellent teachers. She will graduate high school with the necessary background to pursue any field needing and advanced math and science preparation. However, the Pre-Engr program does not deliver on other promises made by the coordinator in his talks to recruit middle schoolers that being bringing in engineers from industry to talk to students about careers, field trips and the like. So much more could be done and without money. ALso, I wish the school administrators would do more to promote the academic achievements of the students. SCAPA tends to dominate all the news coming out of Lafayette and SCAPA parents tend to run the school on SBDM and PTSA. It's not that they should not be recognized, it's just that there are more kids at the school then just SCAPA. This group tends to create an elitist mentality among the students in the program.

Lafayette High School 3

Posted February 22, 2012
This is school is okay. I went here for 3 years. I dropped out my senior year because I walked into an advanced criminal justice course and they were watching Napoleon Dynamite. There are some really great teachers here, there are also some really bad ones. Good for the arts, bad for math/science students.

Lafayette High School 5

Posted October 08, 2009
This is the best school ever! My child loves going here. They have the best teachers available that meet every childs needs. They also have a great library, with 30 updated computers and a printer and copy machine available to all students. They buy new books weekly, my child loves it!!!!

Lafayette High School

Posted September 18, 2009
I graduated from Lafayette High School. Great teachers, great sports, great band!

Posted August 26, 2008
Both of my daughters have attended and graduated from Lafayette and have received an excellent education there. Both are going on to college with a very large portion of their expenses covered by scholarship. Improvements suggested would be a stronger guidance program to help with locating more scholarship money as we received no help from their councelors.

Posted January 29, 2008
This school is doing so much for me and i love attending this school here. Disipline is resonable and the teachers are respectful as you are to them.

Lafayette High School
401 Reed Ln, Lexington, KY  40503
Last modified Lafayette High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lafayette High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top