Bad
Good

Posted December 19, 2012
I think Lansdowne is a good school. My daughter went here for her Kindergarten year 2011-2012. She excelled in her class but I think with the diverse nature of the classes she wasn't really pushed or challenged as she might have been in a different school. The teacher had to take so much time to go over basic things with the other kids that weren't catching on as fast. Her teacher was great at communicating with us and was always available and quick to respond if we needed anything or had questions. We only started a new school because we moved out of the district. I think Lansdowne is a good "middle of the road" school. It's not the best, but the school itself is nice and the staff is dedicated to providing a good education for the students.

Lansdowne Elementary School 1

Posted August 07, 2010
I believe that my daughter did not get the best education at Lansdown. The teacher was alway gone. Whatever happened to no child left behind program? Couldn't get her into an after school program because they wanted parents that could pay for a whole week, in order for there children to be in the program. No suggestions no help from the teacher or principal. What do I pay school taxes for?

Posted April 29, 2010
I LOVE this school. However, the direct teacher/parent contact is sometimes lacking & so is the nurse.. but my child is very happy. Also, they have a great principal & resource area. One thing that I dislike (not bearing on the staff at all) is that there are no windows for the kids to look out of in classrooms. I'm sure this was done for several reasons, but I would hate to spend an entire day in a room, only getting to see out at recess, library, art, etc. The structure itself is odd. Also, getting in to see the Principal was as easy as walking into the office and asking if I could speak with her. The office staff is great and supportive too.

Lansdowne Elementary School 2

Posted September 19, 2008
My kids are going to this school!Im sorry to say but im satisfied with teachers but not the principal.She dont know anything that her school is offering.She wont respond to parent calls nor have time to talk to them.IM very unsatisfied with her performance.

Lansdowne Elementary School 5

Posted May 30, 2007
What a great school! My daughter is in the 5th grade and we have had the best experience at this school. The entire staff is very caring. I would like to see more parent involvement within the 5th grade parents. It seems that there are only a few of us that have volunteered this year. I will be very sad to leave this school.

Lansdowne Elementary School 5

Posted March 22, 2007
This is the best school.I have a daughter in firist grade.She loves this schol. Her teacher is great. She is real active with the kids.She makes learning fun.My child gets excited to go to school.You know how everyone has that one teacher they always remember and love.Well my child has found her.(Ms.Smith)If someone has a child that is going to be going to the firist grade at Lansdowne I would tell them to try to get this teacher.I think there are ther great teachers there. Everone in the office are great they knows almost every parents and childs name.

Posted May 05, 2006
We have been impressed with the academic focus of this school, and very pleased with the 'extras' (science lab, music, art that includes real instruction on art techniques and methods (not just classroom crafts), P.E., etc. Wish there were more recesses though!

Lansdowne Elementary School 2

Posted April 01, 2006
There are 22-25 children in each Kindergarten class. No extracurricular activities for the K group. As for safety, the school has had several flashers this year. Parents could be involved if they wanted to. In my son's class, there are only a couple of parents that ever volunteer to help. The School Board needs to better use their funds. This school's PTA is raising $25,000 to buy all new computers for the children. The playground out front has broken gates on the fence. A stray dog was able to approach the children while on the playground the other day.

Lansdowne Elementary School
336 Redding Rd, Lexington, KY  40517
Last modified Lansdowne Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.