Maxwell Spanish Immersion Elementary School 2

Posted March 17, 2011
The concept is good. I wish they offered other languages besides Spanish. Classrooms are too crowded and teachers move around way to much. School - parent communication is poor compared to other schools that I have sent my kids.

Posted September 09, 2010
I am very grateful that the public school system in Lexington offers an Spanish Immersion Program, my kids are already fully bilingual and they are getting a good education in this school as well. I wish the Spanish Immersion Program (K-12) would get more attention and taken more seriously; I hear most parents (including teacher parents) who have or are planning on leaving the program as soon as their kids finish 5th Grade. This is disappointing because they have taken PRIVILEGED spots, leaving out the other kids that didn't get in by the lottery process but did intent to continue the immersion all the way to 12th Grade. I urge the school principal and staff to be more proactive about telling parents of incoming K students about the long term committment they should be making. There are several other schools that offer accelerated magnet clusters in Lexington!

Posted October 21, 2009
I love everything about it!

Posted September 16, 2009
The Immersion Program is a wonderful experience for the students, especially since they have the opportunity to become bi-lingual (or multi-lingual). The curriculum also helps the students to learn about various cultures and often times to make a difference around the world through different programs organized by teachers and/or parents.

Posted June 23, 2009
My son is finishing up his 2nd grade year at Maxwell, and I have been so pleased. He has struggled with his reading, and the teachers have been great about giving him the extra help and attention he needs. His second grade teacher calls, just to give positive updates about his learning. I have worked in Fayette County Schools as a substitute teacher, and I have to say Maxwell was always my favorite place to teach, and I am so glad that my son gets to participate in this great program.

Posted June 17, 2009
Parents should seriously consider the learning needs of their child before enrolling them in Maxwell. Where children require differentiated instructional techniques beyond 'sit and get--if you can', your child may not experience optimal success at Maxwell. There are few 'true' intervention services available. Regretably, there is a huge reliance on parents to provide extended instructional support if needed. You must be proactive in advocating for needs beyond 'packets' where parents or hired personal tutors teach the material and to ensure your child does not fall between the cracks, experience negative self-worth issues or ultimately left behind. Maxwell was not an ideal placement for our child and lost critical learning milestones. We are paying heavy dividends to undue the past, moving toward excellence and success.

Posted April 13, 2009
My son is finishing up his 1st grade year at Maxwell, and I couldn't be more pleased. The diversity of the school, the quality of the staff, and the involvement of the families are all tremendous attributes. I feel the children are challenged, but in a supportive, fun learning environment.

Posted May 16, 2008
We have two children at Maxwell and could not be more pleased. We are both educators and hold high expectations for school leadership, teaching and parent involvement. Maxwell excells in all these areas. We are blessed to be involved in this progrm. My hope is that future parents take the Spanish Immergent Program seriously and send their children to Station Middle and High!

Posted April 06, 2008

Posted March 10, 2008

Maxwell Spanish Immersion Elementary School
301 Woodland Ave, Lexington, KY  40508
Last modified Maxwell Spanish Immersion Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Maxwell Spanish Immersion Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top