Posted October 03, 2014
My children attended CME elementary last year & I was thoroughly impressed. This school is a caring community & I always felt that I was leaving my children in good hands. There is a strong PTO & parental involvement. Homework was assigned appropriately -- we never felt our children were burdened with homework. Sadly we moved out of state & we miss CME tremendously. The schools where we are now in CA do not compare!

Posted March 24, 2010

Posted March 04, 2010
We just moved to Lexington from what I thought were 'good' schools in California. Clays Mill is better than any school my children were in in California by ten fold. I told a friend of mine, 'I don't care what I have to do but my kids are going to be staying in this school until they move on to middle school.'

Clays Mill Elementary School 0

Posted February 12, 2010
This is my second child going to Clays Mill and I couldn't be happier with the school and teachers. I am also an STLP fan with both kids members.

Posted February 20, 2009
perfect school! I can't say anything bad about it! clubs STLP I have no reson to complain!

Posted October 02, 2008
This is my second child who has gone through Clays Mill. My son is in 5th grade and my daughter is in 10th grade. I love the staff and everything they have to offer. I almost cried at the beginning of the year when I realized after 11 years of going to Clays Mill this will be our last year attending.

Posted July 21, 2008
My child attened Clays Mill for 1st through 4th grades. My child and I loved this school. The PTA was a fun organization to be a part of as a parent and does a lot for this school. In addition I found all four of my son's teacher to be very easy to talk to and great at assisting my child to be his best. The Science Fairs were fabulous and amazing to go to and see the talent of the students. The leadership of this school is awesome at being approachable and addressing any issues brought to their attention promptly. We moved to Ohio the summer of 2007 and were so disappointed in the first school my son went to that we are moving again to hopefully find a school close to the atmosphere of Clays Mill. This school is a tough one to top. The family atmosphere is unbeatable.

Posted April 25, 2006
I have taught at Clays Mill for the many years now and feel that we have an extraordinary group of teachers, students and parents! As a group, the school continues to change and grow year to year. Parents and teachers work to make our students smarter and our school shine brighter. The previous responses are true, but knowing both sides of a matter are important when seeing the full picture. Clays Mill sits on a community field. The grassy areas are used by local groups for soccer and ball practice. Our walking track is used daily and even enjoyed by neighborhood visitors. Clays Mill encourages creative play, exercise without the boundaries of long 'playground' lines. Students gain little exercise from waiting. Clays Mill has another wonderful art teacher edition recently after our previous art instructor moved to PA with her family. The Science position was reallocated to service student needs in other areas.

Clays Mill Elementary School 3

Posted January 29, 2006
My children have attended Clays Mill for the past 4 years now. Every year more budget cuts are made, as all schools experience. We no longer have a special Science class in our rotation. Our incredible Art teacher left 2 years ago. It seems that since losing their magnet status, more and more cuts are being made.

Clays Mill Elementary School 2

Posted June 30, 2005
My daughter attended CME for 5 yrs. She did receive a good education, but I felt that they emphasized getting good test scores more than the value of the child themself. Also, they have basically no playground equipment to speak of and the school sits on a large lot. Whenever I mentioned providing playground equipment, the teachers always would say that they have access to Southland park's playground, which connects to the schools lot. However, they basically never utilize this opportunity yet when your child is in gym class and the teacher criticizes the child for lack of upper body strength, it makes you wonder.

Clays Mill Elementary School
2319 Clays Mill Rd, Lexington, KY  40503
Last modified Clays Mill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Clays Mill Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top