Posted August 11, 2013
Yates is an amazing school. My son loves attending and even more he loves his teachers. As other reviewers have said, Yates may not be in the best location, but the teachers here more than make up for this. The staff at Yates is here for one reason and one reason only for the kids. That is made clear by the care and attention they give each student at this school. Last school year my family and I moved across town and my son was placed in a better school, but we were sorely disappointed. We begged the placement administrator for Fayette County to let us come back to Yates.

Yates Elementary School 4

Posted August 05, 2013
My children have gone to this school for four years now, and love it here. The teachers are loving and they work very hard to provide a great education. The only reason I'm not giving Yates five stars is because there is little to no parent involvement at this school, and Yates' administration could make a stronger effort to improve upon this. Just like any other public school, Yates has a few problems and it isn't located in the most desirable part of town, but overall it is a great public school.

Yates Elementary School 2

Posted February 15, 2011
We were very disapointed with the schools car pick up in the afternoon. Very unsafe and and unorganized. Also several incidences where the school didnt have heat and parents were not called, and the school was on lock down twice when our child went. In a bad neighborhood with little security from outsiders walking onto the campus.

Yates Elementary School 1

Posted February 28, 2010
I have 3 children at Yates and all 3 do not like the teachers and dread going to school in the morning. They have a big bully policy but it doesn't help anything. In my opinion this is nothing but a 'hood' school. The children only know how to bully other children not make friends.

Posted March 04, 2009

Posted February 02, 2004
teachers have students excited about school. my kindergardener is learning words and diff. sounds everyday. it's exciting to me too.

Yates Elementary School
695 East New Circle Rd, Lexington, KY  40505
Last modified Yates Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Yates Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top