Bad
Good

Meadowthorpe is a good school. It is not a great school. Our children's first experience in school (also here in Fayette County) helped us understand this difference. We switched to Meadowthorpe because some of our children were in the gifted and talented program. The program has been fair, poor, and good depending on the teachers they have had--overall 3.5 stars to the program. And this pool of very bright kids keeps the overall scores of the school fairly high, but nothing to brag about, honestly. I have also had kids in the regular school program. The overall leadership is only fair and teaching quality is good. Neither is excellent. There are really nice people here and the atmosphere of the school is welcoming. But the whole "Leader in me" stuff is a flop in my book. Flowery words with little or no action behind them. Also the chaos of the move and construction (continuing through this year 2014-15) has certainly not helped anything. The completed school will be nice and maybe there will be a revival of the school that will follow. Hopefully.

I LOVE this school. I wish they were through grade 12. The Chinese course is a bit lacking, but I still like that they are trying to teach my little boy such a difficult and important language. The teachers are GREAT. They make time for you, keep you informed about your child, and will give your child work that pertains to their level. Advanced kid? Advanced work it is then! They expect a lot, but that's what more schools and parents should be doing. The there's the principal. He's awesome. All of the kids know and love him, and I swear he knows them all by name. Very involved, very present. This school really couldn't be better.

My children love this school and it is just perfect I also liked this school too.

Excellent elementary school. Neighborhood safe and walk to school from Meadowthorpe. Teachers and Staff are dedicated and very capable. Gifted and Talented program 4th/5th grade. Lots of opportunities for parental involvement. Strong academic foundation. Sent two kids, Kgd-5th grade.

My son was in Meadowthorp 1.5 years. He love his school so much. I hate to move anywhere else. I think Meadowthorp is one of the best school in KY.

teachers and staff do an excellent job providing for my children in both educational and emotional circumstances. Meadowthorpe is definately one of the most outstanding schools in the state.

Meadowthorpe's staff is always working to improve and provide the best quality academic and emotional support for my three kids. I would hate to think about going anywhere else. This is definately one of the best schools in the state!

Amazing teachers and staff. Challenging and supportive environment for the students. My children look forward to school and love learning even more. Can't say enough great things about Meadowthorpe. We're a lucky family!

This is by far the best kept secret in Lexington, KY! A quiet neighborhood with its' own little school, that outperforms all others, and the diversity reflects the WORLD we live in! I love it. MY child wanted to attend a language immersion school; after we tried it for a few weeks we quickly saw the diffrence and came back to Meadowthorpe. I recommend this school to any parent concerned about their child's education in public schools. The staff, teachers, and principal are so warm and welcoming it really feels like a little private school. A+++++

My daughter attended Meadowthorpe for kindergarten and was very excited about her school and teacher! My husband and I are also pleased with the quality of education she received and how involved the teachers and staff are with every child. Everyone who works at Meadowthorpe is 100% devoted to every child! The only thing that disappointed me was a lack of parental involvement and volunteers in the classrooms. However, the new principal and PTA are actively working to resolve this issue. Overall, a top-notch school!

Last modified Meadowthorpe Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.