9-12 & Ungraded
Lexington, KY
Students enrolled: 1,865

Posted March 22, 2011
I graduated from the Spanish Immersion Program at Bryan Station (a K-12 program in Fayette County where students graduate fluent in Spanish). The diverse student population has prepared me for the real world, and the academic program has prepared me for college. I was admitted to seven great schools, including Georgetown University, William and Mary, and Davidson College. What is truly great about Bryan Station is the lack of cliques, everyone gets along and interacts, which is truly rare at the high school level.

Bryan Station High School 1

Posted August 20, 2010
As an alum of BSHS, I can say with certainty that this school is an embarrassment to Lexington and the state of Kentucky. Racism among students is rampant, fights are alarmingly frequent, and most students have absolutely no respect for the teachers or other students. Although I didn't seek violence, I was involved in eight altercations. I strongly advise parents to send their children to any of the other schools in Lexington, where their children can receive a far better education. There is a reason why BSHS is always last among Lexington high schools in terms of academic rating. With the exception of a handful of teachers, this school is an unmitigated disaster.

Bryan Station High School

Posted June 16, 2009
My daughter came to this school from a small rural high school. I was concerned because of the negative comments I had heard around Lexington about the safety and academics at Bryan Station. So wrong! She has had a wonderful 2 years here and is starting her senior year with many opportunities she wouldn't have had in a rural setting. She has experienced a rich cultural diversity and has grown as a person. She has taken many advanced and AP classes and been exposed to art, culture and science in the school and on field trips. She achieved a top leadership position at the school and scored distinguished in all content areas. The school has a community atmosphere and the administration are warm and approachable. The teachers my daughter had have all been wonderful with few exceptions. My only complaint - parents need to be more involved at the school.

Bryan Station High School 4

Posted June 15, 2009
Bryan Station is a gem that many just don't know about. As parents of students in a learning community who chose to attend this school, we are pleased with the opportunities provided to students in a small and caring environment. The diversity at Station is broad, and yet there is a special cohesiveness and respect by most! State-of-the-art school building, no doubt, but it's the sports and extra-curricular for most students who want to join that I am impressed with. Academics? Right up there with the rest! Who knew? This school does not get the publicity it should. My child took all the honors and AP courses offered at other Lex high schools, graduated at the top of the class and was admitted to list of private colleges - including Ivy League - all with merit scholarship. Kids are the better prepared for life from the unique BSHS experience!

Posted November 22, 2008
This school is my everything it taught me everything i didn't know and more. i taught a lot of negative thing about Bryan Station but there just myth which every school was them but wat da hey we do wat we want to and nobody can stop us we do our wrk but u dnt have to pressure us into dong it cuz we wont but i love Bryan Station High School we rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted June 22, 2008
Racial diversity... room to grow... beautiful new facility... excellent teachers... recipe for success!

Bryan Station High School 3

Posted April 29, 2008
To the Dec 29 poster. What racial violence? All the Lexington schools face the same issues regarding race. One fight in a hall is not an outbreak of racial violence. My daughter is a student at Station. She had a few academic issues this semester. I have worked closely with my daughter's teachers to remedy the situation. They have bent over backwards to help my daughter improver her grades.

Bryan Station High School 1

Posted December 29, 2007
This school has been nothing but a nightmare for my family since the start of the school year. With all the racial violence that has been down played in the media and by the school administration. Any parent that really cares for the safety and well being of their child will steer clear of Bryan Station Senior High.

Bryan Station High School 4

Posted August 03, 2007
Bryan Station was a school that gave you every opportunity to excel in whatever you want to. The extracurricular activities that I did while I attended school gave me the motivation and determination that I never knew I had. It was a great experience and true diverse. BS allowed me to overcome a lot of obstacles that other schools didn't have. It truly taught me a lot. The teachers there are there because they want to be. I truly would support BS if I lived back in Lexington again!

Posted July 08, 2004
Bryan Station High School is the most unique high school in Lexington, KY! WHile there is diversity there is a family unity which provides many with rare closeness with their peers and educators. This relationship enhances the students the ability to excell in all that they strive to do.As with any school there is negativity, but you cannot judge Bryan Station by what you hear you must be a part of the 'family' to know it is not all that it seems. I am a proud BSHS Alumnus and a proud Parent as well!

Bryan Station High School
201 Eastin Rd, Lexington, KY  40505
Last modified Bryan Station High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bryan Station High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top