Lexington, KY

Posted April 21, 2015
Academy for Leadership at Millcreek is a great school. They have a new principal this year and he has done such a wonderful job. The teachers are all very caring and enthusiastic. I do wish that more parents would give the school a chance... My daughter has loved it, she is getting great grades and scores are high! Son is excited to start next year!

Millcreek Elementary School 4

Posted May 30, 2013
We love this school! Our 2nd grader's teachers have been young but wonderful teachers. Millcreek's Leader in Me program has been wonderful for our daughter and we are thrilled she is learning some of the same values at school that we try to instill at home. Her teachers and support staff have been wonderful.

Millcreek Elementary School 2

Posted May 26, 2013
Poor leadership by principal. She does not listen, but loves to spew out planned speech. We've had good luck with teachers. On the whole, I'd say the teachers were slightly above average. Not happy with the principal at all.

Posted May 08, 2010
The staff never give up on any child - encouraging each student to do their very best.

Millcreek Elementary School 4

Posted March 19, 2010
Millcreek teachers and staff work hard to help students determine their dreams for the future. Millcreek is pushing students to think outside the box and doing everything they can to do the same.

Millcreek Elementary School 2

Posted February 08, 2010
My child has gone from loving learning to dreading school. They don't make learning an adventure, they make it a chore and they treat the children like little prisoners with their strict rules.

Posted November 03, 2009
My two daughters studied at this school and moved to another school because of gifted and talented program. Ms. Williams ( the principal) is so greaaaat, she is very enthusiastic and working hard with other teachers and staff to improve the quality of school. Some parents may judge schools based on CATS score, but the qualities of education, teachers, staff and principal are much much better than what you can see by the average CATS score of this school. The scores are definitely not representing the quality of this school. My daughters loved this school, and they became the best students in their new school. All the credits go to the Millcreek teachers and principal. Milcreek is just a great school.

Posted October 04, 2009
The teachers are extremely dedicated and caring to all students.

Posted August 02, 2009
My son has attended Millcreek for the past three years. When he started kindergarten he was already reading and working on a second or third grade math level. The teachers have been very good about keeping him challenged, and the gifted (primary talent) program is excellent. The administration has been very receptive to parent suggestions, and even added an excellent science teacher who services all grade levels. Millcreek recently received a large environental grant to build an outdoor science lab around the creek. The PTA is very active and supports countless programs. I would highly recommend Millcreek to anyone in Fayette County.

Posted July 28, 2009
We moved here from out of state 2 years ago. It is very sad that Lexington has made their school system not work. My two son's went to Millcreek for one year and that was enough for us. Beware before sending your kids here. The academics are not taught at this school. They just want the kids to pass the test to make them look good. Which means the kids 'sare being left behind. Please before moving to Kentucky talk to people and go look at the school before moving here. No one should have to pay for private school to get their child an education. If I had it to do over I would not have moved to Kentucky if I had know how the school system was.

1212 Reva Ridge Way, Lexington, KY  40517
Last modified Millcreek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Millcreek Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top