Bad
Good

Posted January 28, 2015
What a pleasant experience we have had with Rosa Parks. The enrollment process was lengthy and that was to ensure the safety of each and every student. The staff in the office is always pleasant and knowledgeable. Our experience is with the Kindergarten teachers and what a great experience it has been. The kids are challenged, but they also learn how to deal with these challenges in a fun way. I was surprised with the amount of work, but it was not too much for my child. The parents are a great group also, there is a lot of involvement and volunteering- which is great because there is about 23/25 kids in this Kindergarten class. The teacher is SO patient and organized and the co-teacher LOVES the students and the students love the teachers right back. I really cannot say enough positive things about this school or the Kindergarten teachers. The students are getting exposed to Art, Science, STEM, Music, PE, and creative play. It really has been a great experience.

Rosa Parks Elementary School 3

Posted October 06, 2014
Our daughter attended RPE for first grade. RPE has a very strong community & dedicated PTO. I found that most people just said that RPE is "the best" but didn't have much to support that statement other than test scores. Our daughter was inundated with homework in the first grade to the point that she had no time for play & so we decided that this school was not the right fit for her or our family. We sold our house in Beaumont, spent significantly less in a neighborhood that is two miles away & have been much happier with her current school. If you want your child to be challenged with more homework & strive to have the highest test scores this may be a good fit for you. We prefered for our child to have a chance to be a kid.

Posted May 05, 2014
I am a sixth grader currently and am one of the top students in my class. I believe that Rosa Parks Elementary School helped my prepare for my middle school years and they taught me well. My teachers will agree that even before middle school I must have a a great education and study skills that my teachers and leaders at Rosa Parks showed me. This is a great school and I think that every student should go there.

Posted April 05, 2014
One of the best school ...that each parent dream their little ones to go. My 6 year loves Rosa Parks.

Rosa Parks Elementary School 1

Posted July 24, 2013
I got carried away by the reviews (10/10) and the diversity ratio - being an Asian. Joining this school was a big mistake. The school thrives on the big names of the people who live in beaumont - these people are the backbone and instrumental in growing this school into its success - so any laurels should go to the beuamont community. The teaching is pathetic other than burdening the kids endless homeworks. It is no fun - it is in fact torture. While I do not wish to go into the details you would be wise to stay out especially if you're an Asian - do not be deceived by the diversity index - there's more to this issue. Teachers are inaccessible unless you're willing to show up constantly and literally woo them. The office staff is plain rude - especially one person. Her rudeness is legendary. When you discuss about this school with parents - do not ask cursory questions and walk away. You will get this answer "Yes its a good school". Ask them whether there were any problems etc - then things will start to unfold. I had seen at least three instances. We are looking to move out at the earliest.

Posted January 08, 2012
My son attends RPE and it has been an outstanding educational experience. The teachers focus on the whole child and everything focuses on making learning rigorous, but fun for kids! The climate of the school is positive and welcoming. Wouldn't send my kids anywhere else!

Posted September 26, 2011
What a great school! Both of our kids went to Rosa Parks kindergarten through 5th grade. The teachers were very interested in our kids' success. They had great opportunities for field trips (Washington D.C., camping, etc..). I feel like my kids were very well prepared for middle school and high school.

Posted August 23, 2011
Love this school! My child has been there for over three years and is doing great. Each year we have had great teachers who were very involved and my child has really thrived there. Never had a problem that was not immediately addressed and resolved. If I could give it 11/10 I would!

Rosa Parks Elementary School 3

Posted August 10, 2010
The school has some unique qualities about it and strives to provide a good education. However, if your child is different than there mold, the child maybe forgotten. Way too much time is spent on non-academic affairs. Better leadership would help make this good school a freat school. Leadership focuses on the test schores instead of the students.

Rosa Parks Elementary School

Posted April 24, 2010
It is academically excellent and it was the first school my daughter attended in Kentucky.

Rosa Parks Elementary School
1251 Beaumont Centre Ln, Lexington, KY  40513
Last modified Rosa Parks Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rosa Parks Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top