PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Sadly, this school has a high tolerance for bullying and is run more like a sorority or fraternity by its new principal than a safe, nurturing environment for children. Yes, there are some wonderful, faith-filled families who attend this school, but sports is the almighty King here! Additionally, there is scant cultural diversity in the school and, at times, questionable material has been presented to young children that is not age-appropriate while the parent will have little or no influence over that material. I am also aware of the fact that several very active parish school families have recently departed from this school citing similar reasons. My best advice to any parent wanting to raise their child in a loving environment would be to steer clear of this school at all costs unless significant teaching and high level school and parish staff members are replaced.

From the past reviewer I've noticed that they do not know how to spell very accurately and that I think that needs to be addressed very quickly. My kids go their and we plan to leave soon because the principle is very poor on handling bullying situations. My husband and I are taking our kids to St. Francis of Assisi because we've heard that bullying is not a problem at St. Francis of Assisi. I've also heard that SFA has a great science, spanish, and math curriculum. If your a parent and is looking at going to Our Lady of Lourdes I would not suggest to enroll.

I went to Lourdes K-8 and I hated it. Everything was fine until Jr. High. If you are advanced they will to nothing about it. If there is an issue the principal and teachers will sweep it under the rug. No matter what the principal will always side with the teacher. We are treated in a way where we should be seen not heard.

My second grader has been here from the beginning, and I could not be happier with his education. The school offers a friendly, christian-based atmosphere for child to learn and grow. The techniques used by the teachers offer a wide range tools and curriculum. I encourage any one interested, to take a tour and visit OLOL.

i lve it and it got a blue ribben aword it's realley fun the teachers are nice and my friends are nicd=ce it's awsome!!!

My child goes to Our Lady of Lourdes and he loves it there. The school offers a good catholic foundation which will foster respect, love, understanding and a caring nature in a child. I have to coment on one of the reviews where the person concerned has a problem if children are restrained from handling money. I personally think this restriction is required to help instill in a child the importance of obedience. If a child needed help, approaching the teacher with that concern would have solved the problem. Correcting a child constantly for doing something wrong is what is expected from a good educational institution since the foundation of a good future starts here. We love OLOL and will send all our children there.

My child went to Lourdes. I can say that they do prepare your child well for high school, however, the leadership there is a problem. Students are not listened to, they are expected to be seen and not heard. I wouldn't say that is a great example of a Christian education.

Only send your child to Lourdes if: 1) you want a good Catholic education 2) you want teachers to have high expectations for your child and 3) you want your child to be held accountable. Our Lady of Lourdes School offers each student the opportunity to reach their full potential. Lourdes students who have applied themselves are well prepared to enter high school.

After making the decision to place my child in this school I have regretted it ever since. The children are taught not to help others. Some get detentions for giving money to a students who forget their lunch, for sharing paper, pens, etc. Several children have left the school this year due to this problem. They are constantly trying to catch the children doing wrong. I thought my children would learn good morals by attending Catholic schools. Now I wish I would have made the decision to place them in public schools where this would not take place. My child will not be returing next year. --Before placing your child here, do your research and ask other parents their opinions.

Last modified Our Lady Of Lourdes School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8