No rating

Holy Trinity Parish School

Private | PK-8

Living in Louisville

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $219,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $820.

Posted May 19, 2014

There is no way to sugarcoat this or say this in a politcially correct/polite way so I'm just going to lay it out there: If you are considering sending your child to this school, do NOT DO IT. I graduated from HT a few years ago and have first hand experience with the faculty, staff, and students. The girls are into cliques and if you aren't in with the "popular" girls, you don't even get the pleasure of being invisible or unnoticed. No, you are talked about both behind your back and to your face. I had a lot of self esteem issues solely because of this. When I sought help from counselors, they did nothing because the bullying wasn't "physical" and many of these bullies had parents who gave money generously to both school and parish. For boys it isn't much easier: If you are not into sports or on the BEST sports team (again, you won't get on one of those unless you have money or know the coach), then you are again, picked on and considered an outsider. Marching to the beat of your own drum is largely discouraged by both students and staff and it leads to a non diverse environment. If you're looking at this school, I would strongly recommend looking somewhere else.

Posted October 11, 2010

My daughter loves it at HT and the communication with parents is great!

Posted May 7, 2009

This school will pick at every little thing they can. I would not reccomend sending your child here.

Posted April 27, 2009

Holy Trinity Is An awesome school! i think every kid should go there the teachers are so educational!

Posted November 24, 2007

I think the recognition as a National Blue Ribbon School speaks many words for the academic quality you'd find at Holy Trinity. A perfect environment, no. But when you look at the other local affordable alternatives, you'll be hard pressed to beat this as the best choice out there.

Posted October 7, 2007

I think Holy Trinity is an excellent school. They teach the kids right from wrong and how not to back-talk. The teachers have been there for 15-20 years but always do new things for the students. They can play games but learn at the same time. It is a blue ribbon school and 58% of people get academic scholarships compared to other schools who only have about 15%. Holy Trinity prepares all students for High School and everyone who went to High School said since Holy Trinity was strict it makes High School a breeze. I am proud of Holy Trinity and they also have P.E.P. classes for kids after school. This helps them if they are struggling or want to do a fu activity. I recommend Holy Trinity to everybody because it is the greatest school around!

Posted October 5, 2007

It's a really big school where you could be considered just a number. Comparable to Holy Spirit in academics, which are not great. There is bus service so that is the only reason we stay.

Posted October 8, 2006

I have been at Holy Trinity for 8 years now. I read a few of the other reviews and could not disagree more about the staff. We transferred frrom another parish and were welcomed with open arms. My son who was making the transition during junior high ws made to feel as if he were the most important student they had. I never have walked into the school that I am not greeted with a hello and how can we help The educaton has been second to none. My son went on to St. X and excelled. We can never thank this school enough for all it has done for all our kids.

Posted August 17, 2006

My daughters have been attending Holy Trinity Parish School for seven years and have loved every minute of it. My three daughters have had positive academic and social experiences throughout their schooling at Holy Trinity Parish School. The administrative staff has always been welcoming and their leadership has been outstanding. The school has always welcomed parent involvement and I have taken this to heart by being an involved parent. I have been in the classroom helping with each of my daughters in many different areas; writing centers, reading centers, holiday parties, etc. The teachers have always welcomed parents and believe the foundation of the school is partly based on parent involvement. The open door policy at Holy Trinity has always impressed me. I am a proud parent of three daughters who love Holy Trinity Parish School and wouldn't have it any other way.

Posted March 26, 2006

I attended Holy Trinity and then went to public school where I did not learn anything new until junior year! They are ahead of the game. I am now a sucessfull local resturaunt owner. Did not like school then but must now recomend.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted February 20, 2006

I went to a catholic grade school in louisville and was very excited to send our child to holy trinity school. It was a very dissapointing experience. The staff was not very inviting or friendly, our child was not learning or enjoying going to school. We were very unhappy about the overall experience and would not recommend it to anyone looking for a loving environment for your child.

Posted February 20, 2006

Holy Trinity is a school that is great in academics but lacking everywhere else. The staff is very unfriendly and not very helpful to parents or students. The overall experience was horrible and we would not recommend it to anyone.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 1%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Louisville

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

423 Cherrywood Road