No rating

Assumption High School

Private | 9-12 | 886 students

Living in Louisville

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $200,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $720.

Posted November 6, 2009

My daughter has had a wonderful experience and made many friends. Her academic experience/opportunities have been excellent!!

Posted November 6, 2009

the very best teachers..secretary's friends,,ever

Posted November 6, 2009

The high school experience shouldn't be just about what we read in text books, or hohw good we are are at taking notes. Yes, those are an important part, but Assumption let's us experience a world outside of text book knowledge. Assumption is more then a place we are 'forced' to come. It is a second home to not only myself, but many other students. Personally, I am proud to be an Assumption Rocket.
—Submitted by a student

Posted November 6, 2009

Assumption HIgh School has given both my daughters the best preparation for college, as well as a warm, nurturing environment to grow in.

Posted November 6, 2009

My wife and I have had 3 daughters graduate from Assumption and they are all wonderful childeren and good citizens. Assumption played a big part in their lives.

Posted November 6, 2009

I love that no matter who you are, where you came from, where you plan on going, what you've done, who you know, or even who you are friends with.... at AHS you fit in. There is a place for absolutely every type of person and they really help you to develop as the whole you even if you don't know who YOU are yet. They are family.

Posted November 6, 2009

Assumption provides so many great opportunities for their students.

Posted November 6, 2009

AHS was a wonderful fit for my daughter. It helped mold her into a wonderful, confident young lady. Thanks Assumption.

Posted November 6, 2009

Assumption has a great learning differences program that catered to my daughter's needs.

Posted November 6, 2009

Assumption is an amazing highschool that really got me prepared for my four years in college!

Great college prep school

Posted November 6, 2009

it's awesome and the teachers are great!!!!!!
—Submitted by a student

Posted November 6, 2009

I love that it is not just a school, it is a family!

Posted November 6, 2009

Assumption is such a good school. I feel liek my teachers really care about me and my grades and learning.

Super Nice students; great academics

Posted November 6, 2009

AHS has provided a great experience for my daughter. I am pleased with the confidence she displays, her scholastic achievements, as well as her moral development. She has a sense of compassion and wants to make a difference in the world. She has had some wonderful role models and I cannot think of a better place for a young woman to thrive. There are multiple areas to get involved at AHS, each student can find their niche and make a difference. It has been very satisfying to see her get involved and develop interests that will go well beyond graduation.

Posted November 6, 2009

AHS was a great high school experience for my daughter. I appreciated the dedication and caring of the teachers and staff.

Posted November 6, 2009

I love Assumption High School because my girls have grown up to be such lovely young ladies with the help of the school.

Posted November 6, 2009

Great environment for a young woman to learn and grow.

Posted November 6, 2009

My daughter graduated last year and was well prepared for the challenges of college.

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 1%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• All girls
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA
Fax number
  • (502) 454-8411

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Louisville