No rating

Assumption High School

Private | 9-12 | 886 students

Living in Louisville

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $200,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $720.

Posted November 6, 2009

Assumption was one of the greatest experiences of my life! It was so much fun to attend such a wonderful school where you really learned to be yourself!

Posted November 6, 2009

assumption not only taught me academics, but how to apply them in my life. i learned not only what to study, but how to study through the psp program. the teachers and other staff were always there when i needed help in a subject, even when that subject was my own life. the values and morals that were upheld by the staff and passed on to the students are still valuable in my life today. i enjoyed the opportunities provided and the environment. i made life long friends at assumption, and our bonds were strengthened by the yearly retreats we went on and the class spirit that we shared through walks and other events. i hope to one day have children who will enjoy and learn through their high school experience as much as i did.

Posted November 6, 2009

I could not have imagined high school to be any better than what my Assumption experience was. The teachers fully prepared me for a higher level of education, and the friendships I made I am sure will last the rest of my life!

Posted November 6, 2009

Assumption provided a safe and nurturing place for my daughter to learn about life. Ms. Berry, Ms. Baughman and Ms. Fieldhouse are awesome!

Posted November 5, 2009

Assumption provided an environment where I had no obstacles to learning. It also felt like home from day one. My four years there were fantastic.

Posted November 5, 2009

I graduated from Assumption High School last year and I love everything about the place! I recommend Assumption to every girl I know. When I have kids my daughters will definitely be attending Assumption.

Posted November 5, 2009

Assumption has student-faculty relationships that are especially close and help the growth of all involved. It's relaxed, but very much academically centered. Great place to be, and the longer I've been gone the more I realize how much it has helped me grow.

Posted November 5, 2009

AHS was a place where I got to become myself. I was able to grow into who i want to be with no strings attached. It was a financial struggle for my parents, but they tell me all the time how they wouldnt have changed a thing, it was the best money they had ever spent. I would go back and teach in a heartbeat :)

Posted November 5, 2009

I would never regret going to Assumption. This place changed my life and has introduced me to people that I will be friends with for the rest of my life. Asummption is just plain ol awesome! I'm glad my sister is there now since I graduated! Assumption deserves this opportunity!

Posted November 5, 2009

I have volunteered with several of the young ladies from Assumption & I'm very proud of them for always making a positive difference in our community!!!

Posted November 5, 2009

AHS gave me the confidence and support to reach for my dreams. I love this place!!!

Posted November 5, 2009

Assumption did an awesome job, in helping my daughters become confident young ladies!!!!

Posted November 5, 2009

Assumption has been fabulous for my daughter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted November 5, 2009

I don't think that any other school has pep rallies where they make the teachers ride around on motorized toilets. AHS is a one-of-the-kind environment where they students and faculty bond and life-long friendships are formed, all while students get a wonderful education. I graduated two years ago, but still miss it!

Posted November 5, 2009

Assumption High School provided me with a secure, loving environment in which to spread my wings and discover what it truly means to 'be real' to myself and others. Not only is the academic program excellent, but the extracurricular activities provide ample opportunity for each and every young woman to expand their horizons and reach out to others. The community of Assumption became my second family. Class of '07

Posted November 5, 2009

Two daughters graduated from Assumption, one daughter currently attending. Both daughters that graduated, graduated with honors, very involved, both were Governor's scholars and both are very involved with their college community, involved with their schools and are making straight A's. Assumption did a fantastic job preparing them for college and for life.

Posted November 5, 2009

I never had to shave my legs! Assumption provides a close community focused on empowering and educating young women and encourages them to be confident, beautiful leaders.

Posted November 5, 2009

Wonderful teachers, retreats, and students get a quality eduacation and a chance to learn and grow among their peers.

Posted November 5, 2009

Staff is caring and has high expectations.

Posted November 5, 2009

I like Assumption High School because of its outstanding academic classes. In addition, the teachers were caring and dedicated for the better well being of every young girl.
—Submitted by a teacher

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 1%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• All girls
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA
Fax number
  • (502) 454-8411

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Louisville