No rating

Assumption High School

Private | 9-12 | 886 students

Living in Louisville

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $200,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $720.

Posted November 16, 2014

Assumption was by far the best decision I have made this far in my life and you are free to be yourself here. Teachers are wonderful and really want you to succeed. I was more then prepared for college by the time i graduated. Small class sizes and block scheduling so you have time to study and do homework within two days. Definitely felt at home and loved by everyone. So many things to get involved with and you really find friends here who love you. love going back and visiting.

Posted September 24, 2013

I graduated from Assumption ten years ago. The athletic programs it offered led to a full scholarship in college, and it's academic programs prepared me for higher education and my career. When I entered my freshman year, I was shy and not confident in myself. Leaving, I was outspoken and possessed leadership qualities. I am still in close contact with many of my friends from AHS, and I would absolutely recommend this school to anyone!

Posted October 24, 2011

Assumption is an excellent school that challenges their students. They offer a variety of class levels and electives. I transferred my sophomore year from a public school and was amazed by the differences in the school's facilities. The teachers and counselors are amazing, I can actually say I love going to school everyday. The AP program is one of the best around, and I love my schedule. My teachers actually challenge me, unlike my old school. The care and love seeing us reach our highest potential. The student's here are welcoming to new peer's, I was greeted with open arms. They offer great tuition aid, without it I wouldn't be able to go here. I truly ache for others who aren't as fortunate and don't get to go here. When comparing Assumption's ACT average to JCPS, it's like night and day. I never want to leave this place, it's like home to me.
—Submitted by a student

Posted November 9, 2009

Assumption High School is an amazing place where the girls are respected and are provided an outstanding education.

Posted November 7, 2009

i loved assumptoin. it was a great community of people and they really prepared you for the future! Go Rockets.

Posted November 7, 2009

My sister goes to Assumption and absolutely loves it. She has alot of friends and enjoys almost all of her classes!

Posted November 7, 2009

Two of my daughters previously went to Assumption and my youngest is currently attending. I could not be more pleased with AHS for preparing my daughters to be educated, independent women. My money was well spent!!!!

Posted November 7, 2009

Assumption was the key for my daughter to become a strong, independent, confident young woman. They nurture the heart, soul, and spirit of their girls, not just their minds.

Posted November 7, 2009

Extremely pleased with the way AHS nutures the minds and spirits of these girls and gives them the courage and confidence to succeed when they move on!

Just an outstanding school

Posted November 7, 2009

excellence in academics and a genuine desire, expressed in numerous ways, to nurture its students so that they become the best they can be as women who care about themselves and others

Posted November 7, 2009

High standards in a nurturing, family-like environment.

Posted November 7, 2009

My daughter went to assumptions with a very opinion of her self came, when she graduated she knew that she was on top of the world and could become whatever she wanted to do!

Posted November 7, 2009

I was surprised at how Assumption strives to make sure each student finds there own niche. My daughter's growth both educationally and as a person has been great. Assumption has made that happen. It was the perfect fit for her.

Posted November 7, 2009

I love its strong academic program. I know my daughter will be well prepared for college.

Posted November 7, 2009

Assumption High School has been the most wonderful school for my girls. I am so happy that we choose this school.

Posted November 7, 2009

Assumption is a great place because it provides a wonderful enviroment for girls to allow them to become successful young women.

Posted November 7, 2009

The faculty and staff are people who truly care about the girls.

Posted November 7, 2009

the teachers are great and i always feel welcomed

Posted November 7, 2009

It was the best 4 years of my life. I wouldn't be the same person if I had not gone there. I would go back in a second if I had the chance!!
—Submitted by a student

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 1%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• All girls
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA
Fax number
  • (502) 454-8411

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Louisville