Louisville, KY

Posted April 15, 2015
We LOVE Ascension and are thankful for the new Principle, Mr. Mullaney. He has set the standards high when it comes to technology and interactive learning. I love that my child is growing and learning within a Catholic environment. I've seen tremendous growth in my child! The Ascension community is really awesome overall. We all look out for each others kids, help drive carpool, make meals when tragedy strikes, build a community garden to support the new salad bar (helping kids make healthy choices!) - the list goes on and on. And I too am baffled by the comments about Mr. Mullaney. He has been nothing but outgoing, fun-loving and friendly to not only me, but my child as well! I've witnessed first-hand him interacting with the students, high-fiving them in the halls and I couldn't imagine him not being friendly. We specifically chose Ascension after touring almost all of the Catholic schools in Louisville partially because of how inviting Mr. Mullaney was! He was one of the only principals that actually toured the facilities with us himself! If you haven't seen Ascension before or if it's been a while, you should definitely stop by for a visit and see what's new!
5 people found this helpful

Posted April 14, 2015
I could not be more pleased with Ascension! My daughter has attended for 6 years and absolutely loves it! She's thriving both academically and socially and hates to miss a day of school. I am shocked by the review regarding the new Principal and kids leaving. I know I speak for MANY parents in saying that my experience has been the exact opposite! Our Principal is extremely friendly, approachable & completely accommodating to both me and my child. In his short time at Ascension, I have seen nothing but positive changes including INCREASED enrollment and a new level of energy among the staff and student body. While change is often difficult, he has worked hard to improve communications and be available to those with questions. I see families becoming more engaged--not leaving--and parents volunteering more than ever to help make our school community stronger. I credit this to Mr. Mullaneys' constant encouragement and obvious commitment to our children's education. His positive energy is contagious and he promotes a happy, fun, learning environment! I'd advise anyone looking for a great school to stop by and witness this first hand!
5 people found this helpful

Posted February 27, 2015
The school location is perfect for my situation and family. My kids love their teachers, and the secretaries Mrs. Thomas & Mrs. Jaggers are the best, they are wonderful, so nice and friendly. There is a family environment. However, there is a huge discontent among several parents with the new principal, Mr. Mullaney. He is not the friendliest Principal ever. Among other things, he might walk by you yet ignore you, not even a smile or "hello" and this makes parents uncomfortable so little by little they are moving their kids to other schools. My kids have been there since they were little and some areas of the school have improved tremendously since then that I can say in overall the school is good. My kids have good grades and have developed great friendships with their classmates and it would be hard for them to leave Ascension but if things don't change with the Principal, sadly, I might have to move them too. If parents are not comfortable and they don't feel welcome then it doesn't matter is this school is the best one in town.

Posted July 18, 2014
The curriculum, even in Kindergarten, challenged and motivated my young learner. I am amazed at the pace of his development. Love this school and the community/family it has become!

Posted April 16, 2014
My daughters educational development since entering Ascension has improved dramatically. When she has to miss school for holiday breaks, weather, or illness she is truly upset. I love that she looks forward to school every day. It is comforting to see how respectful all the children are to each other, and passing adults. They greet each other with respect, and hold doors for one another. I cannot imagine a better experience for my daughter. Looking forward to our future at Ascension!

Posted April 12, 2014
I am an administrator for the public schools and understand all that goes into education. Ascension has nailed it! The curriculum is challenging and the teachers are responsive. There are so many innovative programs and my fifth grader comes home happy and motivated!

Posted April 09, 2014
Ascension Catholic School is a small school with a big heart and wide open opportunities. We are one of the few Catholic Elementary Schools in the Louisville area that is using ipads in the classroom. Next year the plan is to integrate them more fully in the classroom. We have a phenomenal learning environment that is enhanced by our commitment to remaining a small school. Each child gets more individual attention and has a greater chance for success. We are a great school!!

Posted April 09, 2014
Ascension school provides an excellent education while fostering my children's sense of community and self. It is a small school that embodies the spirt of family. Class size is small, allowing teachers to spend individual time with all students and really get to know the parents. I would highly recommend Ascension School to anyone looking for a quality education for their child.

Posted April 09, 2014
My son's school is awesome. Close nit, family environment. Great education, high test scores, great sports programs (multiple city championships this year).

Posted April 09, 2014
I have 3 children in public schools. My husband and I decided to place our youngest at Ascension this year because his entire family attended years ago. We could NOT have chosen better! This school provides a top notch education that also focuses on building meaningful relationships, learning about Christ and responsibility. Every day I am amazed at what my child has learned in pre-K. He knows all 50 states! The class sizes are small enough for one on one attention. The teachers are genuinely caring and friendly. The parents are involved and very welcoming. They are one big family. I truly feel that my child will be ready to accomplish anything and will be ready for what life will throw at him with this type of education.

Ascension School