No rating

St Edward School

Private | K-8

Living in Louisville

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $160,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $760.

Posted July 10, 2010

My child attends st. Edwards and is happy to be at school. She also misses school during summer break. I am pleased at her response to school, it certainly isn't the one I had. However, I sometimes get the feeling people in administration are more concerned with drawing new families and their money in than the education of its current students and their well being. Catholic education sells itself. It doesnt need slogans and incentives and cheap get-a-buck means of charging parents for 5 minute late pickups from school. Glad my kiddo is happy, but my advice would be to focus on excellence not dollars

Posted July 19, 2013

St. Edward School is a caring academic community where everyone likes to be. The staff are teaching children to be good learners and good people. Our new administrator sets the bar high with expecting nothing but the best Catholic School Education a kid can get. Through leadership and vision he and the community leadership council have made important decisions and changes. It is more important today than ever that our schools stay current and push to the highest standards. We are so happy with St Edward's School Community and their forward thinking plans. Our children our in a great place!

Posted July 1, 2013

My family has attended St. Edward for the past 7 years. We currently have 3 children there, 6th, 5th, and 1st grade. Our experience has been nothing but wonderful. We take great pride in our school community and all it has to offer. St. Edward is changing and growing, but only to offer even more to our community. Exciting things are happening at our school, and I hope that even more families will want to be involved. One of the reasons we love St. Edward, is because of the people who also attend the school and church. It is a welcoming environment full of people who care.

Posted July 1, 2013

My husband is a graduate of St. Edwards and 11 years ago we happily decided to make it home to our 2 children as well. Our oldest graduated last year with great confidence and strong academic success. He has now moved on to high-school where he was well prepared and has flourished. My youngest is ready to start middle-school this year and he is succeeding academically as well as socially. He is making life long relationships and has become a compassionate and caring person largely in part to his school environment. We are in the midst of great change within our church and school, but are surrounded by families that are excited and eager to make St. Edwards all we want it to be! "It is a great day to be a Brave"

Posted May 29, 2013

The previous post misquoted the school's mission statement. The post quoted the mission of Partners in Education, a volunteer group that organizes activities and fundraisers. The school's mission is, We inspire, We prepare, We create future leaders. This is expanded upon on the website. Staff either found other employment or retired. Change is difficult especially when some of the teachers we love have decided to leave. St. Edward has been lucky to have most of their teachers stay for a very long time. From what I have observed, the new principal is trying to do things 'by the book' and some do not like that. Everyone was yelling for a change and now we have a change and people are still complaining. I think we need to give the new principal some time to reorganize. I do hope that the improvements to the school building will occur soon. I know the pastor doesn't want parishioners to incur the debt but we do need him to expedite these updates. The last report I saw stated the funds were available for the school to build and update. When will these updates occur? Teacher quality is still very much present. My children love school. That is what is most important!

Posted May 7, 2013

This school has gone through a lot of changes that will result in a very bad institution. This mission statement : "The mission of St. Edward Parish School is to provide a Catholic education with Christian values rooted in a tradition of academic excellence for the children of the Jeffersontown area from Kindergarten to the Eighth Grade. Partners In Education, a committee of volunteer parents and teacher representative, assists the school in fulfilling its mission" is a very pathetic mission statement for an institution. As for values, the priest, principal, and others in administration are laying off the most important individuals in the community and don't "treat others the way they would like to be treated." This parish/school is not rooted in Christian values because the most important individuals who should be teaching these values are hypocrites and only care about money, not individual and family values. I would definitely not recommend getting into this mess of a parish because most likely it will be closed within the next five years because of the individuals "in charge."

Posted May 15, 2010

I have 2 daughters that enjoy their friends there and believe in what they are taught.

Posted July 2, 2009

The Principal and Office Staff are awesome!

Posted April 14, 2009

my son absolutely loves it! Mrs.Keller really went out of her way to teach my son how to read.

Posted January 22, 2009

I have two children at St. Edward grades First and Third. We love it! I have been thrilled with the caring teachers, and parental involvement. I feel like my children are receiving the best education, in a kind, caring atmosphere. The school focus on the faith as well as the academic. St. Edward has become an extended family. I feel blessed to have my children educated here.

Posted April 26, 2005

I attend St. Edward School, and I love it. I cherish every day I am there. The acedemic programs are outstanding. The teachers explain every thing in such a way where I've learned everything in detail, plus more. My teachers are really involved with my extracurricular activities. My History teacher (reknown for his computer experties) Mr. Darryl Vigel is most active in my eyes. Alone he sponsors at least four activities throughout the year at one time. St. Edward is not only a place for acedemic acheivement, it is also a place of self-dicipline and how to better my self as a christian. We attend Catholic mass every thursday or tuesday, and have religion class almost every day. I feel welcom at St. Edward. I feel i can communicate with my teachers and other staff members. Over all I love St. Edwards and highly recomend it to parents.
—Submitted by a student

Posted February 9, 2005

I attended St. Edward for K-8 many years ago. I thought so highly of the school and parish community while I was in school that when it came time for my own child to go to school, there was never a question where he would attend. St. Edward is servicing his needs better than I could have ever imagined. My son was diagnosed with ADD earlier this year. The staff has done everything imaginable to accomodate his needs and to assure that he is progressing in his learning. Over the last year, my son has worked with both a math and reading recovery teacher and has rebounded in these areas. Parent and community involvement is strongly encouraged. My husband and I are both public school teachers and are familiar with many of the schools in the area. We are confident that our child is receiving the highest quality education available.

Posted September 2, 2004

We have child at St Edwards in grade one 2004-2005 school year. We were very pleased with the kindergarten program and so for with the program this year. It is a small family oriented school and church. Peace Builder program shows the children a sense of community and friendship.

Posted May 22, 2004

A bad school, the principal treats everyone in the school like a kid, even when adults come she treats them like babies. And also the Peacebuilders program is stupid. Very stupid. St. Edward needs a new principal. That is the main problem I have.
—Submitted by a student

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 1%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Louisville

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

9610 Sue Helen Drive