Posted September 15, 2014
I'm happy that the administration is reaching out to new families and offering tuition breaks. Otherwise, I would not have found out about this school. I think it's great that enrollment is up, it means this school isn't going anywhere. I feel like the teachers really care. Both my boys love their new school! So happy we found St.Edwards to call home.

St Edward School 3

Posted July 21, 2014
My child attends st. Edwards and is happy to be at school. She also misses school during summer break. I am pleased at her response to school, it certainly isn't the one I had. However, I sometimes get the feeling people in administration are more concerned with drawing new families and their money in than the education of its current students and their well being. Catholic education sells itself. It doesnt need slogans and incentives and cheap get-a-buck means of charging parents for 5 minute late pickups from school. Glad my kiddo is happy, but my advice would be to focus on excellence not dollars

St Edward School 4

Posted July 19, 2013
St. Edward School is a caring academic community where everyone likes to be. The staff are teaching children to be good learners and good people. Our new administrator sets the bar high with expecting nothing but the best Catholic School Education a kid can get. Through leadership and vision he and the community leadership council have made important decisions and changes. It is more important today than ever that our schools stay current and push to the highest standards. We are so happy with St Edward's School Community and their forward thinking plans. Our children our in a great place!

Posted July 01, 2013
My family has attended St. Edward for the past 7 years. We currently have 3 children there, 6th, 5th, and 1st grade. Our experience has been nothing but wonderful. We take great pride in our school community and all it has to offer. St. Edward is changing and growing, but only to offer even more to our community. Exciting things are happening at our school, and I hope that even more families will want to be involved. One of the reasons we love St. Edward, is because of the people who also attend the school and church. It is a welcoming environment full of people who care.

Posted July 01, 2013
My husband is a graduate of St. Edwards and 11 years ago we happily decided to make it home to our 2 children as well. Our oldest graduated last year with great confidence and strong academic success. He has now moved on to high-school where he was well prepared and has flourished. My youngest is ready to start middle-school this year and he is succeeding academically as well as socially. He is making life long relationships and has become a compassionate and caring person largely in part to his school environment. We are in the midst of great change within our church and school, but are surrounded by families that are excited and eager to make St. Edwards all we want it to be! "It is a great day to be a Brave"

St Edward School 4

Posted May 29, 2013
The previous post misquoted the school's mission statement. The post quoted the mission of Partners in Education, a volunteer group that organizes activities and fundraisers. The school's mission is, We inspire, We prepare, We create future leaders. This is expanded upon on the website. Staff either found other employment or retired. Change is difficult especially when some of the teachers we love have decided to leave. St. Edward has been lucky to have most of their teachers stay for a very long time. From what I have observed, the new principal is trying to do things 'by the book' and some do not like that. Everyone was yelling for a change and now we have a change and people are still complaining. I think we need to give the new principal some time to reorganize. I do hope that the improvements to the school building will occur soon. I know the pastor doesn't want parishioners to incur the debt but we do need him to expedite these updates. The last report I saw stated the funds were available for the school to build and update. When will these updates occur? Teacher quality is still very much present. My children love school. That is what is most important!

St Edward School 1

Posted May 07, 2013
This school has gone through a lot of changes that will result in a very bad institution. This mission statement : "The mission of St. Edward Parish School is to provide a Catholic education with Christian values rooted in a tradition of academic excellence for the children of the Jeffersontown area from Kindergarten to the Eighth Grade. Partners In Education, a committee of volunteer parents and teacher representative, assists the school in fulfilling its mission" is a very pathetic mission statement for an institution. As for values, the priest, principal, and others in administration are laying off the most important individuals in the community and don't "treat others the way they would like to be treated." This parish/school is not rooted in Christian values because the most important individuals who should be teaching these values are hypocrites and only care about money, not individual and family values. I would definitely not recommend getting into this mess of a parish because most likely it will be closed within the next five years because of the individuals "in charge."

Posted May 15, 2010
I have 2 daughters that enjoy their friends there and believe in what they are taught.

St Edward School 0

Posted July 02, 2009
The Principal and Office Staff are awesome!

Posted April 14, 2009
my son absolutely loves it! Mrs.Keller really went out of her way to teach my son how to read.

St Edward School
9610 Sue Helen Drive, Louisville, KY  40299
Last modified St Edward School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St Edward School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews.