K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Posted December 04, 2011
I went to St. Margaret Mary, a Blue Ribbon School of Excellence, from kindergarten to 7th grade. I transferred to Crosby for my 8th grade year, biggest mistake ever. I loved SMM, our school spirit was phenomenal. The curriculum was much harder and challenging at SMM then Crosby. I actually had to study hard to get an A on a test. The teachers are AMAZING. They made class a fun learning experience. It was the perfect size. The parents and even grandparents were involved. Parent's can even eat lunch with their children. I now go to Trinity, and I also love it.

St Margaret Mary School

Posted July 11, 2008
I find St Margaret Mary to meet and to exceed my criteria for what makes a school a very special one. I will have 6 grandchildren there next year. They are all doing exceedingly well in school and in life. They are challenged by SMM to become the best they can be

Posted July 09, 2005
My three children will attend St. MM this year for our 5th year here. I attended this school as well, when I was a child. The academic programs are outstanding, and there are a number of options and help available if that is needed as well. The arts program is outstanding with the best of the best teachers to teach in each area of expertise. Parents are always involved in school, church and outside of school as well. It is a wonderful community of caring educators and families and I could not imagine going anywhere else!

Posted May 15, 2005
This is an excellent school! They achieved Blue Ribbon status. The staff are caring and creative. The extracurricular activities (art, music, PE, spanish, computer, drama and sports)are wonderful. The accelerated reader program is great. Not only the parents but the entire church communtinty is encouraged to be involved with the school. Our child loves school! The children are continually challenged and supported to become better students and better people.

Posted September 18, 2004
My three children have attended St. Margaret Mary School for a total of 14 years thus far, with 3 more to go. That says a lot right there! The total educational experience is what makes this school outstanding. Not only are they more than prepared for high school by the time 8th grade graduation comes around, but they have turned into the kind, caring, respectful people you would want them to be. Our peacebuider program is a big reason for that, along with the teachers who implement that philosophy every day. Our religious education is incorporated in the entire day, not just religion class. I have just learned yesterday that our school has been awarded the highest award any school can be given --- The Blue Ribbon School of Excellence Award! I am happy to be a part of this family here at St. Margaret Mary School!

Posted May 27, 2004
My child has attended SMM for two years. SMM is a catholic, private school and provides not only an outstanding education but also outstanding religious instuction. The teachers and administration at SMM work hand in hand with parents and view education as a partnership between parent and teacher. SMM is a peace builder school and asks all students to be and act like peace builders when they are in and out of school. SMM is not only giving my child the education she needs, it is giving her the building blocks for life. It is a great school with caring teachers and a quality administration! My child loves reading, she loves learning and she enjoys going to school. For her school is fun. I believe the biggest compliment a school can receive is for a child to view it as fun...waiting anxiously to see what her teacher will do next!

St Margaret Mary School
7813 Shelbyville Road, Louisville, KY  40222
Last modified St Margaret Mary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8