PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

St. Leonard Parish School
Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted April 29, 2016
No because they allow children to get bullied and they do nothing about it! My child was punched in the eye they never contacted the parents then ask me how I was going to discipline my child

Posted November 05, 2014
If you are looking for a school that prides itself in a small environment with individualized attention, then this is your place! I have had one child graduate from St.Leonard and one about to graduate this year. It has been an absolutely wonderful place for both of them! My high schooler is smart, confident, and ready to take on the world! I attribute this to having an individualized and nurturing environment that gave her the confidence that she needs to succeed. She placed in the top 10% on her high school placement test and was challenged and encouraged throughout the years at St.Leonard. My next child is on the same path, and I'm so thankful for making the choice many years ago to send them to St.Leonard.

Posted November 04, 2014
Mrs. Parola is our principal, this is her first year. We are impressed with the what she has added to a school we already loved. She is introducing new and innovative ways to educate our children. Mrs. Parola has focus, vision and a passion for our children, my child and our teachers. We are excited about the future and very pleased we chose St Leonard's parish school for our daughter. Thank you St Leonard Teachers and Staff.

Posted October 09, 2013
St.Leonard Parish School is one of the only small parochial schools in the Archdiocese. Because of this, you get a great sense of community where everyone knows everyone! My 2 children have had a wonderful academic experience because of this. Both have been challenged to be the best students that they can be and seemed to be well prepared for high school.

Posted October 09, 2013
St. Leonard is an excellent school. Teacher to child ratio is low. The principal, teachers, and other staff clearly have positive, supportive relationships. Teachers are caring and skilled. Children establish long-term, caring relationships with more than just their current teacher. Communication with and participation by parents is encouraged and supported. Parents know other parents well. Academic expectations are high AND arts, sports opportunities are abundant. Use of technology is on par with larger, Catholic/private schools. My children are happy to wake up and go to school.

Posted September 12, 2012
I have found that St. Leonard is a wonderful place. Most reviews seem to focus on the size of the school, and while that is one aspect that I love about St. Leonard, I focus on the education my children receive. I feel that the teaching staff is second to none. That coupled with a challenging cirriculum, available technology and parental involvement makes this the best place for my boys to be.

St. Leonard Parish School 4

Posted August 23, 2012
St. Leonard School has small numbers and a big heart! I have taught here for 12 years and am always amazed at how much parents, teachers and staff care about getting the best for our students. Whether we are talking about technology, the arts, academics or a good values based education.

Posted May 28, 2012
I love this school and would recommend to anyone. The teaching staff is top notch!!

Posted January 26, 2011
"Feels like Home" I have been on staff at Saint Leonard for the last 11 years, my children attended and graduated, and I am a graduate. When we began looking at schools for our children, we considered other area schools, but when visiting Saint Leonard, it felt like home! that was 13 years ago. I now have a college junior and a senior at Saint Xavier. Both were given fabulous foundations for their education and I attribute their successes on their beginnings! I would ABSOLUTELY recommend our small school to any one who needed an opinion. We are little . . . but we do BIG things!

Posted October 26, 2010
What a difference!! We put our three youngest children in St. Leonard and had a wonderful experience both in academics and social experiences. Our children were able to have one on one help from the teachers and they went above and beyond in helping our children achieve at the next level. With all the schools out there we would send them to St. Leonard again in a heartbeat.

St. Leonard Parish School
440 Zorn Ave, Louisville, KY  40206
Last modified St. Leonard Parish School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8